TV Show Sets Grouping for custom sort order filters the Video Database Library?
Lightbulb 
I'd love to have the ability to make TV Show Sets.

Not sure how much more complicated it'd be with the TV Show db and what not, but I'd love it to work similar to Movie Sets.

Example make collection sets for affiliated TV Show series like

CSI
- CSI Las Vegas
- CSI Miami
- CSI New York

Stargate
- SG-1
- Stargate Atlantis
- Stargate Universe

Star Trek
- Star Trek The Original Series
- Star Trek The Animated Series
- Star Trek The Next Generation
- Star Trek Deep Space Nine
- Star Trek Voyager
- Star Trek Enterprise

I've searched around the forum and haven't found anything related.

Opened a ticket:
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/8632

PS! Would also be great if one could later also assign affilicated movies to these TV Show Sets.
Rainbow 
Similar to the way that you make a movie set.
Code:
[b]Movie Set: Underworld[/b]
Underworld
Underworld: Evolution
Underworld: Rise of the Lycans

You Can Create A TV Show Set.
Code:
[b]TV Show Set: DCAU[/b]
Batman: The Animated Series
Superman: The Animated Series
Batman: Gotham Knights
Justice League
Justice League: Unlimited
Batman Beyond

Would this be possible? Since Users could then be able to put similar shows in a group. Here is Another Example:
Code:
[b]TV Show Set: Buffy[/b]
Buffy: The Vampire Slayer
Angel
Lightbulb 
So, I've been using XBMC to manage all my movies and TV shows for a while, and since I've started, the number of shows has reached an annoying high number. My question is, is there any way to have TV shows show up together as a set (like movies?) For example:

TV Shows>ATHF, Sealab 2021, Robot Chicken - Show up in the "TV Shows" menu as "Adult Swim" with the different series inside.

I tried using the <set> tag like you can for movies, but it didn't work. Any help would be appreciated!
Wow! Now, that would be nice! Any ol' pro here know the answer to this one?
I was nerdy, when nerdy wasn't cool! :p

What I did to 'solve' the sorting problem was to create smart playlists.

I created a TV Show smart playlist where "Genre" is NOT Animation, Documentary. I then point the main TV show link in the XML to this playlist. This way, when I click "TV Show", it only displays Live Action, Fictional shows, comedies, etc.

Then I created a similar playlist where "Genre" IS Animation, and one where "Genre" IS Documentary. I edited the XML a bit to add these to Confluence, but skins like Refocuse have options to place a custom playlist in the Video SubMenu.

But I'm very anal about my media center....
Question 
Is there a way to make a "Collection" of TV series similar to movies?
One example:

Sherlock Holmes Collection
Sherlock
Season 1
The Casebook of Sherlock Holmes
Season 1
The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes
Season 1
Season 2
The Return of Sherlock Holmes
Season 1
Mythbuntu doesn't need viruses - we have Sudo
Hey

does anyone know if there's a solution to this yet?
I checked the ticket and it doesn't look like it's been worked on.

I have heaps to River Cottage but they are all different series and not seasons.
So in my Library I have about 15 different River Cottages. I'd like to be able to have these all in one folder and then show in XBMC under one banner.

Cheers
You know, this is an interesting idea. Right now though movie sets are barely supported and have somewhat limited functionality (still can't change the fanart of them), and I'd really like to see that finished before they expand it to TV shows, but this is something I would definitely like to see eventually. It would be rather nice to combine things like all the Stargates into a single item.
Yeah it would be great, I guess we just need to wait and see if it's added.
I would like to also suggest this.

My example:

Charlie Brown
Charlie Brown and Snoopy Show
This is America, Charlie Brown

I would prefer to have 1 TV show entry in my list 'Peanuts' then when selected I am offered the 3 shows.

Same could be used for Star Trek, etc.
The closest thing that I can recommend to get this is to add <sorttitle></sorttitle> to the info of a series
Quote:Batman: The Animated Series
<sorttitle>Batman 1</sorttitle>
The New Adventures of Batman & Robin
<sorttitle>Batman 2</sorttitle>
Batman Beyond
<sorttitle>Batman 3</sorttitle>

Though it doesn't create a set, it does however get it into the correct order.

Just now need the set feature and it will be complete.
+1 this. Need badly. TV Show sets sounds like a good idea. Sorting does seem to work with <sorttitle> though. Never thought to check. Thanks isamu.
Anything that allows more customization of our libraries would be a plus.
This idea would really clean up my TV Shows library display.
eg:
Documentaries (banner)
--BBC
--Nat Geo
-----Wild
-----Explorer
--Nature
--Discovery

As it stands now I have tons of TV Shows - I have to scroll down several 'pages'
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
Kingston rebates and ASUS warranties are WORTHLESS FRAUDS
As mentioned in the thread you started about something similar, barring the ability to create sets out of tvshows, a current solution is to create smart playlists.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
I think that feature request needs bumping.

The solution expected in Frodo actually solves a slightly different problem, it's more suitable for filtering titles out of a pool based on general criteria which don't fit into the existing metadata paradigms. With TV shows, you would usually want grouping instead.

It is particularly a pain with anime series, where the concept of season can be quite different and side stories, prequels and other complicated relations are common. Tags won't work for this if you, like me, have a library of 500+ individual titles, many of which are in one way or another related and should in fact be grouped -- and are grouped on the storage media. If I do that with tags, I'll have to have hundreds of tags for grouped shows and hundreds of tags for singletons to present them on a single library view, that's just silly. There needs to be a way to assign shows to sets that show as a single library entry and order them within a set.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Show Sets Grouping for custom sort order filters the Video Database Library?2