[MAC] Growl Notification Plugin - Send Notifications from Growl to XBMC
Thumbs Up 
Hey, I wanted to be able to see Growl notifications (downloads complete, etc) in Plex, so I knuckled down and wrote a Growl display plugin that uses XBMC's built in notification system, so it works with any XBMC variant that supports it the web interface.

You can use it to display local notifications from the XBMC machine, or even use it on a remote machine to send it's notifications to your XBMC system.

You can download it here: http://themacbox.co.uk/stuff/XBMC.growlView.zip

Here's how to configure the plugin:

1. If you don't have the web server enabled, make sure you enable it in XMBC's settings. While you're there, make a note of the port, and the username & password.
2. Install the growl plugin and open it's settings.
3. Set your username and password.
4. Enter the IP or hostname of your XBMC system, you'll need a static IP if you're sending to a remote XBMC server, if you want it externally accessible use something like DynDNS and forward the web interface port to your XBMC system. If you're just displaying local notifications you can just enter localhost. You also need to enter the port as shown in the screenshot. So if the IP address is 192.168.1.199 and the port is 3000 (the default) then enter 192.168.1.199:3000 or if you're using localhost then enter localhost:3000 etc.
5. Click verify and if your XBMC system is running and the details are correct it should say "Success!"
6. You can enter the number of seconds you want the notification to display for if you want, and also choose another display plugin if you want it to display as a normal growl notification as well (eg. for when Plex isn't running)

If you have any problems with the plugin, don't hesitate to let me know and I'll see what I can do. Smile

Oh, and say thanks if you like it!
Can you make a windows version of this too
Would you by chance be willing to provide the source for this? I'd like to make a few custom modifications.

Thanks!
I tried hacking something together many times my self, and never got it working quite right!

Thanks for this!
Thank You So Much!

But the option "seconds" does not work for me. XBMC displays The message only 6 Seconds. I can't change.

Greetings, Simon
It seems that the plugin doesn't escape special characters correctly so messages with an ampersand or an umlaut don't work.
No updates on this plugin yet? pc version?
URL http://themacbox.co.uk/stuff/XBMC.growlView.zip returns:
Not Found
The requested URL /stuff/XBMC.growlView.zip was not found on this server.

I am not able to find this file by google euther. There should be nice to have forwarded Growl notifications to XBMC...
This works for PC. http://code.google.com/p/gfw-to-xbmc/
This looks excellent. Any chance of an updated version that works with Growl 2.0 please?
This is awesome... is there any way to get it to send to multiple XBMC boxes? I'm looking to broadcast to all my boxes throughout the house.
Will we see a version for Growl 2.0?
CuBox-i4Pro & RPi3
OpenELEC 8.0.4

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MAC] Growl Notification Plugin - Send Notifications from Growl to XBMC1