Will the upcoming XBMC 10.05 release support officially Broadcom Crystal HD?
Question 
I would think yes but just to make sure as I did not see it in the timeline
interceptor121 Wrote:I would think yes but just to make sure as I did not see it in the timeline

CrystalHD support is in svn trunk, what's in svn trunk gets included in the next release. Pretty clear to me Smile
Just seeking reassurance as I am not enjoying the SVN rollercoaster
Release are like 6 monthly though yes?

Will there be an indication of when a nightly build will do it without the need for programming experience?

My poor little card is just sat there looking all sad like.
10.04 is due 15 of May
garyi Wrote:Release are like 6 monthly though yes?

Will there be an indication of when a nightly build will do it without the need for programming experience?

My poor little card is just sat there looking all sad like.

Eh ? Install drive/lib/firmware, there are many guides around. Add nighties to Launcher, also well documented. Install and run XBMC from the nighties and CrystalHD is there. What's the problem?
Davilla,

I've been seeing mention of "launcher" in a couple threads now, but i'm not clear what it is?

Is it a way to automatically download nightlies? If yes could you point me in the right direction as to how i'd go about setting this up?

if not, what is it anyway??

thanks!!
There is a thread just on the top of page
jag0 Wrote:Davilla,

I've been seeing mention of "launcher" in a couple threads now, but i'm not clear what it is?

Is it a way to automatically download nightlies? If yes could you point me in the right direction as to how i'd go about setting this up?

if not, what is it anyway??

thanks!!

Launcher is what you use to "launch" XBMC. It's a frontrow plugin that works under the AppleTV OS.
"Eh ? Install drive/lib/firmware, there are many guides around. Add nighties to Launcher, also well documented. Install and run XBMC from the nighties and CrystalHD is there. What's the problem?"

Spoken like a true programmer. However the 'easy install thread' is what 50 pages long now?
The easy install thread actually does not contain the easiest way to do it!
In any case it is only 4 months. You will still need to open the ATV to put the card in
That would appear to be the very easy bit.
This guide is very simple to follow:

http://todayguesswhat.blogspot.com/2010/...le-tv.html

I installed two cards using this in under 30 min each and both worked, no problems. Just copy and paste the commands into your SSH session and you're done.
OK I will try that one. Wish me luck.

Where is my white stick gone?
garyi Wrote:OK I will try that one. Wish me luck.

Where is my white stick gone?

Or you could install ATV Flash, they have a really easy Crystal HD install even i managed it Nod

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Will the upcoming XBMC 10.05 release support officially Broadcom Crystal HD?0