Album correctly Tagged appearing with false information.
Problem: I use iTunes to manage all my media on a mac then I told XBMC to refer to that library and all is working very good.

I use the XBMC iPhone remote and there I have an album for which the artist is shown as "Verschiedene Interpreten" (would be "Various" I guess). But in iTunes it is Ryuichi Sakamoto. And when I browse XBMC for that Album I also find it under Artists "Ryuichi Sakamoto". It's not tagged as a compilation. I tried renaming the Artist to "Test" and then back to the correct artist and both times I always find that album with it's correct title "Chasm" but with the wrong artist namely "Verschiedene Interpreten".

Any idea, how I could fix that, or why I see such behaviour? Doesn't make much sense to me...
Syncopation Wrote:Problem: I use iTunes to manage all my media on a mac then I told XBMC to refer to that library and all is working very good.

I use the XBMC iPhone remote and there I have an album for which the artist is shown as "Verschiedene Interpreten" (would be "Various" I guess). But in iTunes it is Ryuichi Sakamoto. And when I browse XBMC for that Album I also find it under Artists "Ryuichi Sakamoto". It's not tagged as a compilation. I tried renaming the Artist to "Test" and then back to the correct artist and both times I always find that album with it's correct title "Chasm" but with the wrong artist namely "Verschiedene Interpreten".

Any idea, how I could fix that, or why I see such behaviour? Doesn't make much sense to me...

Sounds like a conflict with Artist and Album Artist tags. I don't use iTunes, but with my tagging program I can change both of those tags.
yes, thats what I thought, but I checked that. Entered something in the Album Artist field and deleted that again. No changes...

Any ideas?
I solved this months ago. Those files gave me some trouble tagging them correctly. iTunes was unable to do so. I finally manage to get this done by using tagger (on OS X) to tag them correctly. http://bilalh.github.com/projects/tagger/

Problem solved. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Album correctly Tagged appearing with false information.0