Which Platform and Why
Which Platform and Why

Well I just got the XBMC installed and working on a windows platform and I was just wondering is this the best way to go?
What I mean is, are there any benefits to running the Linux or Live version over the windows? I have read that the Linux and Live version are easier on the processor for the lower end PC's but I have more then enough CPU power to run HD 1080P stuff on the windows version. I just want to make sure that there isn’t some great features I’m missing. Or that the community is leaning more to Linux and the Windows side me be left in the dirt down the road.
If it works well on your system with windows , then stick with it .
I am a Linux man , but there is a learning curve . Unless you just want to learn another OS , you are not missing anything
I'm not to informed on "VDPAU" but I know XBMC support it only in Linux. Is this something important and should I want to run Linus for this feature?
Not necessarily. The only reason for VDPAU is if you are using an underpowered CPU like an atom processor. If your CPU can handle the stress, then it's perfectly acceptable to use it. Besides, sooner or later the windows version will get all the bugs figured out with DXVA and then there'll be no appreciable difference between the Linux and Windows versions.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Which Platform and Why0