XBMC minimizes / shrinks on startup (windows 7)
This problem has been annoying me for a few weeks now and I can't seem to figure it out. (using latest stable release, win 7 ultimate x64, see log for more details)

I have a shortcut to XBMC in the startup folder so each time windows starts, xbmc loads. For some reason, xbmc loads and 2 seconds later it minimizes. This only happens on startup. If I click the shortcut or even if I log off then log on and it relaunches xbmc, the problem doesn't occur. I've tried adding delay to the startup and that doesn't help. Looking at my logs I thought this may be causing it:

"Control 402 in window 10133 has been asked to focus, but it can't"

I turned off "Automatically update library on startup" option and I no longer get that error. Here's my log: http://pastebin.org/119412

Other running programs: iMon Manager, AVG anti-virus, realtek hd audio manager, bluetooth devices

Any ideas?
i have the same issue (i think) - tried to remedy this by adding -d 10 to delay the startup but didn't seem to work.

i'm also running imon manager though - which I have a feeling might be the suspect application that's stealing focus from xbmc and causing it to minimize..

i have another win7 htpc without a lcd/imon software and don't have this issue at all when xbmc starts up.
Try switching to fullscreen window.
Settings/system/video output then select the second optionNod
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
its imon i have to put a 30 sec delay on XBMC for it not to do that
Dealing with this myself under Win7.
On some boots other tasks steal focus.

Adding -d 10 to startup shortcut fixed it.
Thanks. Smile
Anyone else figure this out?

It keeps going the same thing to me as well, I even added the -d 10 too.

Edit: Switched it to d -20 and that fixed it
Hi,

I have the same problem. Do I need some additional program to delay xbmc startup?

I'm using Windows 7 64bit.

Thanks Matti
No additional program needed, only a XBMC startup parameter:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\XBMC.exe" -d 5

Change the foldername and the seconds delay (5) accordingly.
-------------------------------
HTPC, ASRock Vision 3D 156B
Harmony Remote 555
Windows 7, slimmed
Thanks. It's working great now =)
I have had this problem, and it was driving me nuts.

After a lot of searching, I found that the following programs steals XBMC focus sometimes. They can all be disabled safely :
ccc (catalyst control center)
wermgr (windows error reporting manager - you have to disable the auto search for errors in win control panel)
Java Updater
Google Update
AppleUpdater
Adobe Updater

the one that was nearly always stealing the focus a few seconds after xbmc launches was wermgr.
For the others, it was less frequent.

Here is what I have done to find them :
I installed Process Explorer, and set it up to start just before xbmc.
Then in Process explorer Settings; Options\Differences Highlight Duration, I put 9s.

When Xbmc looses its focus, I can immediately see The process explorer Window. I have 9s to hit the print screen key.
Once done, I can easily see what is the process that just started/exited.
Thanks to all XBMC contributors, devs, skinners, scripters, ... It's really an amazing piece of software.
hi

my xbmc startup delay does not work anymore.

i tried
-d 5
-d 50

it alwasy starts directly?!?! :-(

Win 7 64 bit.
Are you using a recent nightly build? If so the -d option has been removed, though I think this was an oversight and it will be put back.

JR
The delay is broken in the nightlies.

I posted a bugreport:

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/11751
oh okay, thats the Problem! :-) thanks
is there no other possibility? i dont want to kill all the autostart apps and i dont want to delay the xbmc start :-)

but if not, delay is o.k. :-)
installed newest nightly, bug is fixed! thanks!

but an other Problem:

I tried eventghost last week.
But i uninstalled it after 1 day.

Now (i think it's since then) I get 2 Error-Messages after starting XBMC in the right corner:
"XBMC Remote communication server failed to start."

same for webserver.

What can I do?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC minimizes / shrinks on startup (windows 7)0