See The Light - two concept screens for feedback
Hi all,

Just wondered what people thought of these before I take them any further.

Ohhh, love concepts...I like the look and layout. Like how the focused item stands out. I'd prefer darker, all that white would blind me but too each their own.

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
Very nice......Clean and simple
Thanks for the feedback, I initially started learning to skin after seeing someone elses mockup and getting permission to try and turn it into a skin. After finishing the home screen and Now Playing screen I struggled so much trying to find a movies view I liked that I thought I'd just start over.

Although I love fanart I'm starting to get a bit sick of themes that try and use ALL of the artwork ALL of the time. I'm sick of the clutter.

I'm also getting tired of having too many options for views. My aim is to make a skin for me and my family, that we're happy using day in day out with only ONE viewtype per media-type.

Think I'll manage it?
Looks real nice but I'm also on the side of prefering dark colors over light ones maybe its just a throw back to the old CRT days but I just always keep thinking screen burn if left idle too long

Advocate Wrote:........ Think I'll manage it?

Sure you will but you will also have 100's of users bugging you to do the complete opposite Smile
lol don't I know it!
Advocate Wrote:Although I love fanart I'm starting to get a bit sick of themes that try and use ALL of the artwork ALL of the time. I'm sick of the clutter.

I'm also getting tired of having too many options for views. My aim is to make a skin for me and my family, that we're happy using day in day out with only ONE viewtype per media-type.

That is definetly the right way to go. I love your concepts and hope you're going to finish this skin.
Your concepts are spot-on. I'm very impressed, but much like Alaska - as much as I think the interface is clean and elegant, the full-on stark white is painful in a dark room on a large tv, which is what my HTPC and XBMC drive every day.

I hope you flesh this out - its got great potential!
I love the look, only suggestion would be to lessen the gap between items and reflections, those are freaking huge lol.
Dead sexy. I do agree with the white possibly being too bright for output, but it's a solid combination of typography, fanart, and layout.

Best of luck to you and hopefully we'll eventually have the fortune of trying it out for ourselves!
Nice. One thing to think about with the movie view is that if you have the focused item on the left, then you can't see what's before it.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

As a few has said before really nice but it's way too bright now a black version would be coolCool
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
Thanks for all the positive feedback guys.

Hehe I kinda knew there'd be some who didn't like the White and I guess part of it is my rebellion against all the dark themes out there.

If I can get this skin working without too much hassle (ha) I may well do an inverted version as an option, but it wouldn't be too hard for someone to mod it after release.

Re the gaps between the reflections, larger gaps always make me think the item is floating higher, but I'll fix it Smile
I like the big gap
D0nR0sa Wrote:I like the big gap

lol I think I'll just do it to my taste then :p

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
See The Light - two concept screens for feedback0