XBMC no longer works on AppleTV with FlashATV
I had been using XBMC until I did the update to AppleTV 3.02 and FlashATV 4.1 recently. I have updated everything and still I receive the following error when trying to launch xbmc:

Cannot launch XBMC/Boxee from path: /applications/XBMC.app/contenets/macOS/XBMC.

I've contacted FlashATV support and they gave me the following information which I followed but still no xbmc. Oh, I also have a Crystal HD card installed.

Currently the Crystal HD card is only supported in XBMC. We have a guide for setting up the drivers here: http://forum.atvflash.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2469

Once enabled, XBMC can be launched through the XBMC/Boxee menu.
javajack Wrote:I had been using XBMC until I did the update to AppleTV 3.02 and FlashATV 4.1 recently. I have updated everything and still I receive the following error when trying to launch xbmc:

Cannot launch XBMC/Boxee from path: /applications/XBMC.app/contenets/macOS/XBMC.

I've contacted FlashATV support and they gave me the following information which I followed but still no xbmc. Oh, I also have a Crystal HD card installed.

Currently the Crystal HD card is only supported in XBMC. We have a guide for setting up the drivers here: http://forum.atvflash.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2469

Once enabled, XBMC can be launched through the XBMC/Boxee menu.

Sorry, we have no clue what versions or methods FlashATV uses to install Launcher, it looks like they are using an older version as Launcher has not installed XBMC in the "/Applications" path for several versions now.

FlashATV is a pay-for item. I suggest poking them harder.
Hey, thanks for the feeback. At least this gives me a thread of help to go on. I haven't really had feeback from anyone and I agree, it's a paid for application and in fact I feel strongly enough about this that I offered to pay extra money for good support. Anyway, will let you know how it goes.

Jack
You paid for a free application like XBMC because you are meant to get a easier to use platform and get support. If you have followed their instructions and can't sort out your problem I would suggest you ask for a refund as clearly you are not getting what you paid for
Back in the day when I did not know any better I paid flash for their service. I promptly asked for my money back when it all went pear shaped and thanked my lucky stars they gave my money back.

I then used this new product on the inteweb called 'google' and found that flash were actually selling something which can be gotten for absolutely free (and better)

Funny old world
For me the issue simply was missing permissions on the Application folder. So when you all tell how much simpler it is to do it your own why couldn't do it with ATV Flash?
I simply changed using chown the ownership of the Appliaction folder for the frontrow account and that was all. Since then it works fine.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC no longer works on AppleTV with FlashATV0