Want to add START button to remote.
So,

I really like the Alaska skin and have been told that to access the File Manager within the skin, you must press the start button on the remote. I do have a start button on my remote but it does not bring up the shutdown/File Manager menu in XBMC.

I have a record button which is currently by default mapped to screenshots. Never use that feature so I would like to remap it to use the START function.

I've looked at the keymap.xml files and am not too sure where to start. I've also done a search to see if I could find similar info and am not sure how to proceed.

Thanks,

Running Live 9.11 with alaska skin on an acer revo IOn. (Edited to add: Using Windows MCE remote model 1039
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Keymap.xml
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
sho Wrote:http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Keymap.xml

I've looked at that page several times and can find the button descriptors I need to use etc.

Have two questions though.

1st. If i SFTP to my HTPC and navigate to $home/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps/ there do not appear to be any files in the directory. Should this be the case? Do I just edit the Keymap.xml from the above link and then sftp it to my userdata keymaps subdir?

2nd. Most of the other keys on my MCE remote work perfectly. If I upload a default keymap file to the profile directory, can I use one which only contains the additional button information that I want to remap etc?

thanks,
James
1. I have no idea when it comes to linux, but I presume that is where you would put your custom keymap file (which in effect acts as a diff to the standard one).

2. Yes, see above.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Ok, so I'm assuming that this should give me the button remap I need. Will try it out and post the results but figured I would toss this out there since it will be 4 or 5 hours before I get home.

If anyone sees any glaring issues with what I've added here please let me know.

According to the keyboard map and remote maps from the trunk site this looks like it should work if I have my other tags correct.

So I've saved this file as Keymap.xml and will sftp it to my HTPC, reboot and see what happens.

Code:
<keymap>
    <global>
        <remote>
            <record>ActivateWindow(shutdownmenu)</record>
                </remote>
    </global>
</keymap>
Just wanted to let everyone know that the above code worked perfectly. I'm now working on getting the rest of the unused buttons mapped but thanks for your help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Want to add START button to remote.0