external device (USB Stick vs. USB DVD)
Hello,
I'm using XBMC 9.11 on a Acer Revo with an external (USB) DVDROM from Samsung.
Well - it works great if I just put in a DVD and press play, but I also have a lot of movie files stored on DVD ROM.
If I insert one of this disks, xbmc plays the first file in the root of the DVD - if I play around a while I also get some kind of playlist with the rest of the files listed but without the folders on the DVD....
I also tried to find out how xbmc mounts the dvdrom, but under /cdrom or /media/cdrom (cdrom0) there's nothing also mount doesn't show a mountpoint.
If I but in a USB-Stick, xbmc shows up the "removeable disk found" dialog, and if I navigate to Video->filelist, I can browse through all the folders on the stick... and that's exactly how I want it with DVDs.....
I managed to get to a shell and typed in "mount /dev/cdrom" - and suprise When I switch back to xbmc I found under Video->Files a new entry called "My Disk" with a full listing....

Is there a way xbmc does this when I insert a disk?? I think it worked fine with older versions - as far as I remember..... (but also other harware....)
Any ideas?
I dont know how xbmc access the DVD...but it is not mounted the "normal" way.

Quote:sudo mount -t auto /dev/sr0 /media/cdrom0

This mounts it on asrock ion 330 and it shows up in browse for source
Maybe this is better
sudo mount /media/cdrom0/ -o unhide
You dont need the device name.
How did you set up the DVD drive? I'm having trouble with the audio when I play DVD's, all I get is static. I'm using 9.11 live with hdmi audio.
@twingate: I'm using a usb-dvdrom drive from samsung connected to the revo, but I don't use the hdmi output for sound or video - so dvd still works..... you need to do some settings described in the tutorials some people posted here for the revo to work with hdmi....

@vikjon0: I know how to mount the dvd-rom on the command line, but I want xbmc to do it.... I tried to type it in the "source" section but that did'nt work... earlier versions of xbmc always recognised it the right way - any ideas?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
external device (USB Stick vs. USB DVD)0