TrueHD and DTS-HD on ATI Radeon HD 5750 HDMI Out?
I have a new HTPC running Windows 7 with an ATI Radeon HD 5750 card that has the HDMI with the audio pass-through feature that is new on these line of cards. It outputs currently any of the Dolby 5.1 and DTS soundtracks from my MKV and other videos from XBMC. Some of the content I have has a DTS-HD audio track or Dolby TrueHD audio track along with the standard 5.1 audio tracks from Blu-Ray sources. I can play the video just fine and the 5.1 audio sources, but unable to figure out how to play the uncompressed audio tracks in XBMC. Is there a specific build of XBMC that I should look for that will have this functionality? Does it matter if I am using DirectX vs OpenGL builds for Windows?

Thanks for any help you can offer.
Pretty sure XBMC doesn't natively support HD audio tracks.

Your options are to launch an external player (PowerDVD or TMT) or download the DSPlayer version of XBMC. DSplayer can use the FFDshow audio decoder which if configured correctly can play the HD tracks.
Your right Mallet21 no native playback as yet - though dsplayer might provide a solution. deltazulu - have a look at the first post in the dsplayer support thread. I have linked to a tut on playback of hd audio from doom 9 forum. Would be delighted if someone tried it out and reported back their findings - in the dsplayer support thread of course.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TrueHD and DTS-HD on ATI Radeon HD 5750 HDMI Out?0