Black screen in screensaver mode option
is it possible to make a black screen in screensaver mode option instead of those anoying moving lines (in the begining its nice but after an hour its iritating). in xbox mediaplayer 2.3 the screen turns to black when the display button was selected.
its also the only way to solve burning in problems with plasma screens because now you have to switch your tv off.

thx for xbmc

Smile
Thumbs Up 
screen saver mode would be a must have indeed.
vote for it too!
highly wanted for us with normal tv's & no external amp/speakers too, to listen to mp3/shoutcast through tv but no pic
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Thumbs Up 
u can't buy that for a $. yeah that would be real nice to have Smile
this has been suggested and kinda answered before here. according to frodo it's supposed to be easily done trough skinning but i at least cannot. maybe someone else can give it a try? no rant intended...
(floink @ jan. 06 2004,18:08 Wrote:this has been suggested and kinda answered before here. according to frodo it's supposed to be easily done trough skinning but i at least cannot. maybe someone else can give it a try? no rant intended...
close... but not quite it.
like xbmp a blank screen/screensaver should be possible to set for a given time of no activity. just a blank visualization requires always a user intervention and besides, only works when playing music. not for example when the menu just sits on your screen.
i submitted a patch (which frodo has integrated to cvs today) which drops the gamma map down to 7% after inactivity. this looks very dark on my tv and has the added bonus of still being able to see (just) what's going on.

i see from some of the comments here that some of you would prefer all black - i could just as easily get it to ramp all the way to zero if that was better. perhaps even allow configuration of the amount of brightness?
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

(forza @ jan. 11 2004,13:14 Wrote:i submitted a patch (which frodo has integrated to cvs today) which drops the gamma map down to 7% after inactivity. this looks very dark on my tv and has the added bonus of still being able to see (just) what's going on.

i see from some of the comments here that some of you would prefer all black - i could just as easily get it to ramp all the way to zero if that was better. perhaps even allow configuration of the amount of brightness?
or maybe a two states screensaver. 7% gamma after 15mins of inactivity and 0% gama after 30mins (or something like this).
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
very nice thought hullebulle
ok - i'll add a two stage drop. i'm out and about for a couple of days with work but should be able to get this done by the end of the week.

patch submitted to sourceforge this evening.

(forza @ jan. 13 2004,22:11 Wrote:patch submitted to sourceforge this evening.
that was quick. thanx. Smile
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
Thumbs Up 
great! two tumbs up, kudos forza
what's about a screensaver option in general settings ?
i like the screensaver very much but id like to have it kick in when a movie is paused...
is it possibel?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Black screen in screensaver mode option0