Music Library - New Functions
Hi. I started using XBMC one month ago. I'm really enjoying it and find something new every day, especially in movies. As for music section, the capacity of XBMC looks somewhat limited. For instance, I cannot separate full-length studio albums from compilations (Best Hits) and live albums and XBMC lists them all together. Yes, I can add "Live" or "Studio" to genre and then sort them by genre. But it means a lot of additional tagging and it is not what I would like to achieve. I rather want to have albums sorted by band, and then inside the band all studio albums listed by their numbers. Some bands number some of their albums (Led Zeppelin, Foreigner, Chicago), the majority don't. I'm ready to number them myself if XBMC allows me to do it. But it does not. You may say sort by year. First of all, some bands issue a couple of albums per year (e.g. Uriah Heep in the 70s). Also if I sort albums by year then compilations and live albums would be mixed up with studio albums.
Another thing is the band lineup. I really would like to have bands lineups, which would allow me to see all bands where a musician played. Like actors in Movie Library. I know that music tags do not have this information and the XBMC Music Library takes all info from the tags. But maybe there is a way to enter information directly to nfo files or using links to the sites of user's choice? If certain information cannot be added automatically, then it can be added manually. I'm sure some new adjustments to the XBMC Music Library will make an excellent product even better. Thanks, Alex
I'd like to see a separate main menu heading for "Music Videos" with a "Party Mode" that will play music videos in random mode. "Music videos" could be a separate library from "Movies" and "TV Shows" (which should be a separate video library come to think of it.) and "Music (Audio)".
knightbird Wrote:I'd like to see a separate main menu heading for "Music Videos" with a "Party Mode" that will play music videos in random mode. "Music videos" could be a separate library from "Movies" and "TV Shows" (which should be a separate video library come to think of it.) and "Music (Audio)".
Music Videos is a "Separate Library" in the sense that it's part of the Video library as a separade node, bu it can also be accessed from music.
Having it on the main menu is up to the skin, but you can go straight to Music Videos from the Videos main menu entry if you set it as default.
(and don't threadjack, it's not polite).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
sho Wrote:Music Videos is a "Separate Library" in the sense that it's part of the Video library as a separade node, bu it can also be accessed from music.
Having it on the main menu is up to the skin, but you can go straight to Music Videos from the Videos main menu entry if you set it as default.
(and don't threadjack, it's not polite).

Hi, do you remember which skin has it on the main menu?
Thanks, Alex
Unfortunately no skin that I am aware of. (But it should be easy to modify any skin.)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I can't speak for other skins but Xperience and xperience1080 both give you the option
to add music videos to the home screen.
off course you will need to set content to music videos for it to workNod
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
paul Wrote:I can't speak for other skins but Xperience and xperience1080 both give you the option
to add music videos to the home screen.
off course you will need to set content to music videos for it to workNod

Thanks Paul. Will give it a try later on. Alex
albaranov Wrote:Hi. I started using XBMC one month ago. I'm really enjoying it and find something new every day, especially in movies. As for music section, the capacity of XBMC looks somewhat limited. For instance, I cannot separate full-length studio albums from compilations (Best Hits) and live albums and XBMC lists them all together. Yes, I can add "Live" or "Studio" to genre and then sort them by genre. But it means a lot of additional tagging and it is not what I would like to achieve. I rather want to have albums sorted by band, and then inside the band all studio albums listed by their numbers. Some bands number some of their albums (Led Zeppelin, Foreigner, Chicago), the majority don't. I'm ready to number them myself if XBMC allows me to do it. But it does not. You may say sort by year. First of all, some bands issue a couple of albums per year (e.g. Uriah Heep in the 70s). Also if I sort albums by year then compilations and live albums would be mixed up with studio albums.
Another thing is the band lineup. I really would like to have bands lineups, which would allow me to see all bands where a musician played. Like actors in Movie Library. I know that music tags do not have this information and the XBMC Music Library takes all info from the tags. But maybe there is a way to enter information directly to nfo files or using links to the sites of user's choice? If certain information cannot be added automatically, then it can be added manually. I'm sure some new adjustments to the XBMC Music Library will make an excellent product even better. Thanks, Alex

Are there any other suggestions, opinions from developers? I cannot believe I'm alone in thinking that the Music Library can be further improved. Thanks, Alex
It's great the way it is, i would not change a thing if it were down to meWink
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
Well i would like to see the same option as in the video library to make box sets in the music library. I have a lot of compilation albums belonging to a serie. For example I have 25 compilation albums for the serie "turn up the bass". I want to be able to archive it as one box (like in the video library) so the music library won't clutter too much.
@dormamu, do you have them listed in the compilations section ie are you using the album artist tag to make xbmc recognise them as compilations?
@Nick8888 all the album artist tags for my compilations say various artists. The albums show up in the compilation section but all my compilation albums show up there. Browsing over 200 compilations isn't easy. I like the box set method that the video library uses better because in the album section I don't want to see album "tutb vol 1" to "tutb vol 25". I want to see one album for the "tutb" serie (the box set) and when I click on it then I see all the "tutb" compilations.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Library - New Functions0