2 router problems
hi, i have a problem with my set up, presently, i am using a BT Home hub router 2.0, which the main computer is connected to, and which stores all my movies, music etc, although this has 4 ports, they are taken up, however, i now need to use one of the sockets to feed 2 old xboxes with XBMC on, and so i decided to purchase a NETGEAR FVS318, and connect the wire from the BT Router to the internet port of the netgear, and then connect the 2 xbox'x to the sockets on the netgear.

On doing so, both xbox's work, in a fashion, i can get the time sorted, the weather, and can listen to internet radio, however, i cannot get them to connect to the computer for the movies?

On the main computer i use tversity for the xbox's, it works a treat normally, but with the netgear, nothing connects.
I hope that i have explained this enough, and was hoping that someone perhaps has a similar set-up, and thus could tell me what settings i need to sort out with the netgear, so i can access my media as per normal.
Thanks guys for your assistance!
Set the NETGEAR FVS318 in bridge modus
Are they Win 7 boxes? If so there are lots of sharing issues with them. Google it.

Did the xboxes ever connect to the Windows machines?<--ignore that
Main - Intel E6750 C2D (2.66ghz)/Geforce 240
Bedroom - Intel E3300 C2D (2.5ghz)/Geforce 210
Guest Bedroom - Acer Revo 1600/ION LE
Test Desktop - Intel Q9300 C2Q (2.5ghz)/Geforce 9600 GSO
frotsen Wrote:Set the NETGEAR FVS318 in bridge modus

If he can get to the internet (he gets the weather, internet radio etc) then why would he need to change the router to bridge mode? The connectivity is already working correctly.
Main - Intel E6750 C2D (2.66ghz)/Geforce 240
Bedroom - Intel E3300 C2D (2.5ghz)/Geforce 210
Guest Bedroom - Acer Revo 1600/ION LE
Test Desktop - Intel Q9300 C2Q (2.5ghz)/Geforce 9600 GSO
SlaveUnit Wrote:If he can get to the internet (he gets the weather, internet radio etc) then why would he need to change the router to bridge mode? The connectivity is already working correctly.

Cause the xbox'es are on a different subnett, then he's pc. He has connected the netgear router to the bt router via the internett port, witch means the xboxes are on a diffrent subnet and behind the netgears firewall(if its turned on). So the simplest solution would be to put the neatgear in bride mode. Another solution would be disable the firewall on the neatgear, and connected it to the bt router via a regular port NOT the internet port

frotsen
After hours of playing, i ahve decided that the netgear is a pile of turd, i just can't get it to work, so i have bridged the 2 ethernets on the pc itself, stuck the 360 in the second socket, and now have 3 xbox 1's running xbmc in the bt home hub, as well as the computer, and it runs sweet!
Thanks for the replys guys!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2 router problems0