Sound Problem (no sound with mono 1.0)
hi there,

i've got a few .avi files which have mono 1.0 sound (old b/w movies) and xbmc seems to have a problem with these, cause there is no sound.
in win media player everything is fine...
is that a "normal" problem with xbmc?

my version is R27527 and i'm running win7

thanks for your help : )
cbierwirth Wrote:hi there,

i've got a few .avi files which have mono 1.0 sound (old b/w movies) and xbmc seems to have a problem with these, cause there is no sound.
in win media player everything is fine...
is that a "normal" problem with xbmc?

my version is R27527 and i'm running win7

thanks for your help : )
you should try a newer version because 27257 is really really old and the problem might already been fixed.
In fact, I can confirm it is fixed. I have a copy of The Crazies (the original George A. Romero version. None of this remake bullshit for me. Laugh) and it has mono audio and plays fine now. Anything passed the 28000 build should work. I'm using 30732 and as an added bonus can now use DXVA with my ATI card without any problems!
thanks for your help ; )

one more question..i hope it's ok to ask this...but how do i update? i downloaded the latest svn but when i "install" it all my settings and sources are gone...is there a way to keep that?

thanks again
Quick work around if you dont want to upgrade to newer syns (which I would not recommend as quite abit is broken atm) is to set the xmbc sound settings to 3 channels or higher. This will then allow mono source material to be heard.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sound Problem (no sound with mono 1.0)0