Problem playing videos - Black screen
Hi.

At first I'd like to say hello to all. This is my first post here, and I come here to learn how much I can of XBMC that I think this a very very good project.

But I have a trouble with it. I'm running XBMC under Windows 7 and when I'm playing movies sometimes XBMC stay like hung up for one second with a black screen and stops preproducing audio for 1 second and then it continues normally.
At first it don't happens usually but now very often.

Anyone have any idea of what can be it?

Thank you a lot.
When does it occur? At the very beginning of video playback? Or while the video is playing?

XBMC does take a few secs to start. But I haven't really seen it just cut out with a black screen. That kinda sounds like a problem with a cable, where, if you were using HDMI, the computer had to sudden renegotiate an HDCP protected pathway between all your components (computer, receiver, display).

A bug log might help (see the stickied HOW-TOs for more info on how to produce).
Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
Gigabyte MA78GM-U2SH Mainboard
ATI HD3200 Onboard
AMD 7750BE Dual-Core 4.00GB RAM
ATI HD3200 HDMI Sound
HTPC HMDI -> ONKYO TX-SR605 -> Panasonic TH-46PZ85U Plasma
Yes the program cut out with a black screen and no sound. It occurs while the video is playing and sometimes at the beginning of the video. It seems random.

I tried waiting a few seconds after running the program and before playing the video and it's the same.

I also looked at the xbmc.log at the time of the crash and does not record anything. It is as if it were not XBMC problem, because if I press key O to display the video information, kbps, codecs, etc., in the moment of cut out it also disappears. It is all black.

I have the PC connected to TV with HDMI cable because my graphics card have HDMI out. It could be a problem with cable as you say? I'll try another cable to rule that it is this.

Thanks!
This might happen because you turned on adjust refreshrate.
No. I have the option "Adjust dispay refresh rate to match video" disabled.

I tried another HDMI cable of more quality and still happens.
Does this only happen with XBMC?
ATI HD3200 Onboard
ATI HD3200 HDMI Sound
I don't know because I always play videos with XBMC. I'll try with another program.

It may be because I have the definition set to 1920x1080 FULL HD and XBMC doesn't works well with it?
No, I just keep thinkin its something hardware related. You could test this by checking out how your computer behaves with other programs running instead of XBMC. Something to stress the video card.

To just see a blank screen randomly, doesn't sound like a bug or something in XBMC, specifically. No one else has really reported that kind of issue here. Quite a few users, however, have had blank screens due to faulty cables, and dying graphics cards and bad drivers.

So testing other programs will definitely be something to try.
ATI HD3200 Onboard
ATI HD3200 HDMI Sound
Finally I found the problem.
I've tried other programs like BSPlayer but works well and then playing with Flight Simulator X has been also made the cut out.
Discarded any problem with XBMC. Now I'll have to see for what reason does it.

Thank you all.
If you can, try a different video card, or a different connection from the video card. I bet theres a hardware problem, maybe something heat induced even.
ATI HD3200 Onboard
ATI HD3200 HDMI Sound
Searching I found some similar cases. http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/2673...hdmi-cable

The problem seems to be produced by the TV due to some anomaly with the HDMI connection to computer. Above all, often goes to the Philips TV like mine or some Sony.
They left some new drivers for the TV and I have installed, to see if this is fixed. Will see...

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem playing videos - Black screen0