Stuck with VLC - now only if it would close
Sad 
Hey,

I love xbmc - and have just set it up on a Acer Aspire 5002 laptop I had around. Been at it a couple days now - but finally have it playing audio and video - and am able to control with my iphone.Cool

My problem is the following:

I had to use VLC as my external video player for the following reason:

if you have a video adapter with pixel shader < 2.0

* then you are currently out of luck because our video shader requires a pixel shader >= 2.0

Apparently my video card is garbage.

Anyways - now the videos load fine in VLC - and automatically go to full screen- but they will not stop playing unless I use a mouse or a keyboard to shut down VLC. When I click the "stop" button through XBMC's media navigation - it stops the video for a second - and then reloads it - it is almost like it is trying to play through a playlist. . really weird.

Is there anyway to use arguments or change settings in advancedsettings to have the external player (vlc) understand XBMC commands? (stop, pause, play, fast-forward, rewind, close)

I hope that makes sense - and I hope someone can help me out! Sad
Hello buddy,

Perhaps the easiest way so far is still to use the DSplayer version of XBMC which allows you to natively use any external player and select which filders suits you best,

This could be the best option to unleash & optimize as much as possible your platform for your "poor" (read old) < PxSdr 2

more info @

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=70436

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO:_Using_DSPlayer

good'luck Nerd
[XBMC-DX r31103 T! r455]
.:LAPTOP:. Dell [C2D E6400] [8G DDR2] [Intel X4500HD] [LED 14'' 1280*800@60p]
.:NAS:. Antec [Ci7 920] [12G DDR3] [Matrox m9148] [19.4 TiB] [Triple Samsung 22'' 5040*1050@60p]
.:HTPC:. Antec [C2 Q9400] [6G DDR2] [nv GT240 VP4] [SB X-FI Ti] [Toshiba 46'' 1920*1080@24p] [Logitech Z5K5]
dondre Wrote:Perhaps the easiest way so far is still to use the DSplayer version of XBMC which allows you to natively use any external player and select which filders suits you best,

The simplest solution would be to use an OpenGL build. I have an OpenGL version of the v9.11 release on xbmcmce.sourceforge.net, or search this forum for more recent builds.

Could you use MPC-HC instead of VLC? I believe MPC-HC allows you to customise the keyboard interface.

JR
lol

When you have VLC running you have to use VLC controls the same with any other external player xbmc cannot control VLC it can only launch VLC

If you have a remote you map the keys in the external player to your remote, stop button should be mapped to exit, VLC you can map keys

Or as dondre said use the DSPlayer branch
Awesome - thanks JHS I am trying the OpenGL build now - hopefully all goes well!
Thumbs Up 
Thanks JHS after all that - the OpenGL build worked perfectly.

Took me a while - but that works. Thank you, thank you thank you!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stuck with VLC - now only if it would close0