• 5(current)
Release: Xperience 1.1 UI for XBMC Dharma (Now available via XBMC SVN)
Quite a few changes have been made since the original 1.1 release so that the skin would be compatible with official xbmc addons. Please anyone using the skin already; update when you get the chance.

@mstef If you have any patches for these issues your having please pm me. If not I doubt much is going to be changed from how it is now.
Unfortunally, I don't have any skils to help you too much. But there is chance I'll learn Smile
AsRock 330 HT, 2GB RAM, 320GB HDD, Openelec 3.2.4
Intel NUC D54250WYK, 4GB RAM, Kingston 120GB SSD, OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-devel-20131126081257-r16438
PM me your change suggestions please, they have been bouncing between 2 different threads so it would be nice to have them in one place I can look at em. Not really much to do this weekend could maybe knock a few things out we'll see.
XBMCG33K Wrote:PM me your change suggestions please, they have been bouncing between 2 different threads so it would be nice to have them in one place I can look at em. Not really much to do this weekend could maybe knock a few things out we'll see.

OK, follow this thread, I wrote every problems/suggestions what I found. I like Xperience and I want to help you make it better. I wish I haven't skills to give you final fixes but I was a programmer and I begun learn how to bite it.
Intel NUC D54250WYK, 4GB RAM, Kingston 120GB SSD, OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-devel-20131126081257-r16438
I'd really like some feedback from users please. The skin's been updated to be on xbmc addons, however it would be nice to make sure the skin is FUNCTIONING properly.

I don't care about any suggestions or requests right now or user requests. I'm only concerned with the basic functionality of the skin. If I can get some feedback on that, that would be great and I'll get the skin up on xbmc addons.

I'll worry about mods down the road... maybe.
I know one thing that will need to be added is the new button within the addon browser to turn on/off update notifications. It was added recently in beta 4.
XBMCG33K Wrote:I'd really like some feedback from users please. The skin's been updated to be on xbmc addons, however it would be nice to make sure the skin is FUNCTIONING properly.

I don't care about any suggestions or requests right now or user requests. I'm only concerned with the basic functionality of the skin. If I can get some feedback on that, that would be great and I'll get the skin up on xbmc addons.

I'll worry about mods down the road... maybe.

For me, adding custom panels (games/AMT) from favouvites to main menu was not working, I had to copy a script folder including the favourite addon into the skin folder and modify the addon path in the xml.
Question 
Hi XBMCG33K,

First of all, I would like to say thanks for this skin. Been using it for over a year!

On my current Media center, I have OSX with XBMC and the old version (1.0) of this skin. Everything works excellent!

Now, I'm building a new box, with XBMC (latest beta 4) and the new 1.1 version of XPerience, but I have a couple of problems. Maybe you can give me a hand? I think both could be defects:

1- Just installed, fresh XBMC plus fresh XPerience, and the Movies icon, appears as a big blue blurried arrow instead of the normal icon. This does not happen on the other sections, where I can see the icons perfectly. I'm attaching a screenshot as reference:

2- For the second one, I would attach a screenshot as well, but since would be static shouldn't make much difference. The problem is that the tiny "update" popups (which I have set to update on startup the library) are not working really as it should. I mean, I see the progress bar moving, but is not moving accordingly to the real progress. For example, there is a whole folder remaining to be read, and it stucks almost at 99% of finished, but keeps reading stuff for over half hour until finishes for real. Sometimes, it just displays a 10% completition and finishes suddenly. Just to clarify, this does not happen on my other media center running 1.0.

Some minor things (probably my fault somehow on these): It seems I lost the "Youtube" and "Music Videos" boxes on the list, which are being listed on 1.0 but not on 1.1. Any ideas?

I appreciate your effort, I will never swap to another skin! Smile

Thanks in advance!
I'll get back to you on those... I have no idead about the movie icon on the home panel though to be honest... Do you have Beta 4 and the LATEST svn version of xperience or the version you can grab from the XBMC addons (in skin)?
Hi, Thanks for the help!

Yes, everything was installed 2 days ago (Beta 4 and the latest 1.1 skin through the repository).

Thanks again!
Hi,

thanks for the new release
love the new things, and really dig any and all fixes that were made.

found it a bit weird though that there still is no poster or tri-panel like view for tvshows
but i grew accustomed to the infopanel view so the only reason i would want to go to a poster view would be to give my full blown big sized posters jpegs some credit Smile

in any case, i'll be using this one for the next few months, as i have been for the past few... thanks again!
One really small bug I came across.
In info panel view / TV shows, the flags are not displaying if the title of the episode contains "..."

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Hi,

Great skin !
Is it possible to have the backdrops resized to the window displaying the info ?
(instead of the backdrop having the full-res size and showing up cropped)
No sorry that's the way it is designed...
tophe323 Wrote:Hi,

Great skin !
Is it possible to have the backdrops resized to the window displaying the info ?
(instead of the backdrop having the full-res size and showing up cropped)

You can modify xmls or if you want this (it is not cool but I have no people without head now):

instead of this:

you could take this image and replace file in your "skin.xperience\media\views\info panel\diffuse" folder
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Release: Xperience 1.1 UI for XBMC Dharma (Now available via XBMC SVN)0