Is it possible to scroll smoothly with fanart?
I'm also not really seeing the benefit of using a multiimage control in this case. I believe it works, but using a largeimage control is the way to go imo.
Feel free to prove me wrong though Wink
Yes, it displays from folder but no need to have multiple images in that folder !

If there's a single image the multiimage will continue to show that one.

You'll change <info> so it will smoothly change the fanart. Wink (works great for the xbox to)
I know that but is it really different to using 'largeimage'?
Media stream used large image control in home screen when multiimage was not availble in home.
It was eating your memory on the xbox !! Recently it was changed to multiimage and memory on xbox was fine again in home screen.

Looks like when you use large image xbmc keeps them in memory and with multiimage not.

Raelly the xbox loves multiimage Smile
Roders Wrote:Yeah Hitcher the code is basically identical to that. Here's a nasty picture of my skin (I don't know how to get screencaps from apple tv):

I'm using it as the background, it is the first bit of code in 'myvideonav.xml'.

I like the look of that skin, any more pics and are you going to be releasing it?
dgsgc Wrote:I like the look of that skin, any more pics and are you going to be releasing it?
Thanks, I've been trying to make it for a while now but I'm slow as hell because
A) I don't really know what I'm doing, I'm basically just borrowing bits of code from other skins
B) Finding the time is difficult

I would love to release it if I could finish it and give something back to the community although I don't know if anyone would want it, it's very much designed for my own selfish needs, speed on lesser hardware and simplicity, no real bells and whistles. I do love the look I've gotten though.

Maybe I should ask someone to help me finish but I wouldn't know who.
@Waffa: Multiimage control uses the identical codepath as any image control assuming you use background="true". If you don't, it's identical to a normal image control.

@All: Remember, there is no type="largeimage" any longer - just use background="true" on _any_ texture path.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:@All: Remember, there is no type="largeimage" any longer - just use background="true" on _any_ texture path.
So we should just be using "image" then?
Ideally, yes. The reading of "largeimage" is there for backward compatibility, but may not always be there. Use a plain image control with background="true" on the texture.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:@Waffa: Multiimage control uses the identical codepath as any image control assuming you use background="true". If you don't, it's identical to a normal image control.

@All: Remember, there is no type="largeimage" any longer - just use background="true" on _any_ texture path.

Cheers,
Jonathan

OK, but the multiimage does behave quit different.Nod

"Multiimage" keeps the image visible until the new one loads,
"Image" doesn't do that.... turns black and starts to load new image.

Also when fast scrolling multiimage keeps the fanart visible from last listitem and does not try to load every image from scrolling until you give it some time it will load the last listitem.

This looks much smoother and cost less memory !!!
Waffa Wrote:OK, but the multiimage does behave quit different.Nod

"Multiimage" keeps the image visible until the new one loads,
"Image" doesn't do that.... turns black and starts to load new image.

Also when fast scrolling multiimage keeps the fanart visible from last listitem and does not try to load every image from scrolling until you give it some time it will load the last listitem.

This looks much smoother and cost less memory !!!

They are both the same for me as long as you remember to use 'background="true" and remember to add <fadetime></fadetime> to stop the loading of every image when scrolling.

This -

PHP Code:
<control type="multiimage">
    <
posx>0</posx>
    <
posy>0</posy>
    <
width>1280</width>
    <
height>720</height>
    <
info>ListItem.Property(Fanart_Image)</info>
    <
fadetime>400</fadetime>
    <
texture background="true" />
</
control

does exactly the same as this -

PHP Code:
<control type="image">
    <
posx>0</posx>
    <
posy>0</posy>
    <
width>1280</width>
    <
height>720</height>
    <
fadetime>400</fadetime>
    <
texture background="true">$INFO[ListItem.Property(Fanart_Image)]</texture>
</
control
Seems your right, I tested without fadetime.

With fadetime it has the same behavior.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is it possible to scroll smoothly with fanart?0