Night Mod Turning into New Skin
I would like to say it was a mod of the awesome skin Night by Mcborzu but it doesn't fit the style of his amazing skin it is more fanart orientated so thought i would post some pics of where i am at today if anyone is interested i would say i am only 40% done but the views are coming along nicely just learning skinning so will be relying on the blood sweat and tears mcborzu put into this skin for now until i learn some more.

One of my home menus 95% complete

Image Image

List view 60% complete still a lot to do but this is what it looks like

Image Image

Here is a view i modded for confluence that i have put into this mod this is the image of my confluence view but the one i have been working on is the same as this just a little different to fit in with the rest of the skin

I like big trailers without having to go full screen

This might not be everybody's cup of tea but i like it annd just want some feedback there are other views i have in mind and have started two others but they are not ready to show loads of work

let me know what your thoughts are or ideas for views.
Looks very cool as I said before...I did the same thing you did and found it easier to use a skin I like as a base(I used Alaska) rather than use the empty skin. Found it easier to figure stuff out if there was stuff on the screen to manipulate unlike the 'empty' skin.

Anyways keep it up looks good!

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
It is nice to see a new take on the homepage, which I personally feel is the hardest concept to come up with.

The only downside of your's is that the focused item is also the furthest one away. Maybe add a slight zoom animation to the focused icon to make it stand out more. Nice looking though.
I can see you've used MediaPortal Wink
ha i would love to say that the home menu was my idea but its ported from TGX's blackglassNova thats why i am calling it Nova for now he had a cool home menu but don't like the rest of his skin. this home menu is not the default just the home menu i have been working on i think i have a good idea for the default home menu
looks really great. I Like your home and list view, nice and clean. I would love to see a bigger wall view. Less fanart and more covers. Although it is a somewhat new approach, but i think it's not that practical to navigate. Good luck with building, anxious to see more views.
Love the home screen, don't drop it Big Grin i can imagine pressing down and go thru the submenus like alaska... lovely!

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Looks good from the home screen, but I have to admit that I was at first excited by Night, but after trying it, it was not used again.

It is nothing to do with Night or this mod personally, but if you have a more modern PC, then there are better skins out there.

I have mentioned in some of my posts before that personally I hate simple skins, but one skin that is simple and yet has captured me by it's simpleness is Shade.

I love the front screen though, that is a very nice home display, it is a shame that the rest of the skin, does not match the front display, then you would be onto a winner.

I love the idea of having a bigger trailer display, this is pretty much out of the box thinking, which I love, but sadly for most of it I shall give you an example

Ford make a motor car, but it is in black, but then hey we have suddenly designed the same car, but this time in grey, hey guess what folks, in might be 10 years later, but we have developed the same car, but this time in green, 20 years later, hey folks we have designed the same car but this time in red. Hell it took us a long time to develop the paint, but has it all been worth producing the same car for 20 odd years?

Big up for you for the work you are doing though.

Regards

Mark
I'm not a newbie. I always act this dumb.

Home Cinema Setup
-------------------
37 inch TV - Intel I3 530 @ 2.9GHZ - 4 Gig Memory - Silverstone home cinema case (silver)
mcborzu Wrote:Looks very cool as I said before...I did the same thing you did and found it easier to use a skin I like as a base(I used Alaska) rather than use the empty skin. Found it easier to figure stuff out if there was stuff on the screen to manipulate unlike the 'empty' skin.

Anyways keep it up looks good!

This is good and bad. The bad part is that you often end up with a coding nightmare and residual bits leftover from previous skins. A fresh start is sometimes good for a new skin. My practice is to rewrite every file from scratch and remove things that are no longer needed while referencing concepts I would like to keep from the old file.

The good part is that it makes it much easier as a beginner to pick up skinning, by improving on the work of others. OSS at it's best...sort of.

Looks like a promising start, and ekim232 has a point that some zoom effect on the focused home item would be a nice touch. The simplicity is nice, there is a rising epidemic where people think a massive flood of information both relevant and non-relevant is good when your sitting around the TV deciding on what you want to watch. Title, description, rating, year, maybe a logo plus fanart and a poster is all that is necessary. Do you really need to know what container or encoding each file is in before watching it?
Very nice! Keep up the great work. Love the very clean, simplistic design. I'd definitely put the reflection on screenshots 3 and 4 like you have on the homescreen. Keep it clean and keep it fast and you've got yourself a real winner here.
I googled "blackglassNova", that skin has some nice screens, a lot of low list looks, if you're using that as an inspiration it seems to have a nice look to it...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
Is that home screen a "working" xbmc screen? I'd love to that animation code if it is!
To learn more, click here.
It doesn't animate from what I've seen.
it needs to be animated .........was having trouble with that also needs some font color changed recently added fixed I Replaced the onright and onleft which activated it.and there is a image in the wrong xml its in the home when it should be in home horizontal so its displaying in both home menus.
I uploaded to youtube what the mediaportal home menu looks like so you can see how its animated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaMP_YX4EgA

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Night Mod Turning into New Skin0