Missing Movie MPAA Ratings
I can't seem to get MPAA ratings to show up on movies along with the other icons on either the main movies view, or on the movie info view. Ratings work fine for TV shows however.

At first I figured it was the themoviedb.com parser because it wasn't pulling the rating so I modified the parser to pull the data and now I've got MPAA ratings tagged on the movie but it's still now showing up.

Any ideas?
you're right, the mpaa ratings in Transparency! were designed to work with imdb. i'll fix thing up in the next few days in order to get full moviedb compatibility.

btw. if the moviedb scraper is somewhat broken (as you found out), please create a ticket on trac so the devs can fix it.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Whats the difference between the IMDB ratings results and that from themoviedb? How does Transparency determine the rating? (I guess I could dig into the skin code...but..so..lazy...)
Scratch that, found it in Includes_MediaFlagsVideo.xml. Makes sense why it's not working now, it's looking for 'Rated G' instead of just 'G' that themoviedb provides, that's what I suspected.
MrFinn Wrote:it's looking for 'Rated G' instead of just 'G' that themoviedb provides

i thought themoviedb returned 'Rated: G' instead of 'G' ?
please test T! svn r466 or up, to see if it's working now.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I was missing the MPAA icons for Movies too.
I uninstalled XBMC and the profile, then installed XBMC SVN 31639 and Rev 488 of your skin.

I had to rescan all my movies / tv shows to get them back in my library.

The TV Shows now show TV-14,etc, but Movies do not show the MPAA
I'm using the IMDB scraper for Movies and TVDB for TV Shows. I haven't tried TheMovieDB for Movies yet.

Just an FYI to let you know it still doesn't show.
Do you need any more information from me?

Win7 Ultimate 64bit
joecooper84 Wrote:Do you need any more information from me?

yep, i would like a screenshot of the movie info screen (press "i" to get there)
of one of the movies without an icon.

i need to know what the "MPAA Rating" line displays.

Here is the screenshot. It just shows a blank line. It does that for every movie I've checked.

joecooper84 Wrote:Here is the screenshot. It just shows a blank line. It does that for every movie I've checked.

ok, since the line is empty, it's not a skin issue.
most likely the imdb scraper fails to fetch the mpaa info.
Yes the movie db scraper is incomplete, it doesn't scrape the mpaa rating. I updated my own version so it grabs it. It simply returns the rating (ie: R) and no other text.
please post a ticket on trac, so the devs can fix it.
Works in the xbmc-r31755-trunk.exe now.
I don't know if this is the same problem, but I used 'ember media manager' and have recently switched to 'media companion', both of which scrape the mpaa rating from imdb.com. Mostly that is fine, but certain movies specifically 'G' movies, do not contain the word 'rated', e.g not 'rated G', just 'G'.

Unfortunately that means the mpaa logo doesn't show up in Transparency. I attempted to correct the issue by editing the xml file, but that only caused any ratings with the letter G, eg PG or PG-13, to show two logos.

Anyway... Is there a method to display the 'G' rated movies without messing up the others, is there a media manager that scrapes mpaa ratings from themoviedb instead of imdb, or, do I need to edit all my 'G' rated movies to add the word 'rated'?
Tomkun Wrote:I don't know if this is the same problem, but I used 'ember media manager' and have recently switched to 'media companion', both of which scrape the mpaa rating from imdb.com. Mostly that is fine, but certain movies specifically 'G' movies, do not contain the word 'rated', e.g not 'rated G', just 'G'.

Unfortunately that means the mpaa logo doesn't show up in Transparency. I attempted to correct the issue by editing the xml file, but that only caused any ratings with the letter G, eg PG or PG-13, to show two logos.

Anyway... Is there a method to display the 'G' rated movies without messing up the others, is there a media manager that scrapes mpaa ratings from themoviedb instead of imdb, or, do I need to edit all my 'G' rated movies to add the word 'rated'?

i need a 'unique' string to match.
matching a single character will result in a gazillion false positives, as you've already found out.

the only 'real' fix would be that the media manager would store the full 'Rated G' string in your .nfo files.
so imo you should contact the author of the media manager about this.
Thanks Ronie,

I kind of guessed you would say that, but ember seems to have been abandoned and media companion seems to be going the same way. Do you recommend any others?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Missing Movie MPAA Ratings0