XBMC 31321 & 31009 hangs when starting moving
Great, is that good news? Can it be solved? PLS let me know what I can do to fix it. Thanks for your time.
Ok, just a question? Is there a solution to this, as no one is asking anymore. where is the answer to this? Can it be solved?

Thanks
Seemed to go away after removing and re-adding the paths in the library for the offending items.
Ok tried it, deleting the contents of the library, works until all the library is re-scanned, then have the same issue. Is it only me?
Hi, no still happening to me too. Have deleted the library and rescanned a few times. Same problem, now on Rev.31645
I tried on 31686. I had the same issues where it works for TV shows, it sticks on "Working..." for Movies, but only in Library mode.
I uninstalled it all and went back to 9.11.

I'm glad others are having this. It was making my wife wish we were still using my TViX 4100
I'm having this problem as well, on ubuntu lucid.

The first time i play a movie, it plays for about 19 seconds, then freezes. If i kill xbmc, restart it, play the movie again, it freezes on loading...

playing the same exact file through the videos section works fine.

built latest svn off git.
I've filed a bug http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/9637
Pinpointing the date when the problem started would really help.
A sample file too.
I'm not sure someone wrote if ALL movies behave like that, or only some, and if there's a pattern in the files that work or not.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I posted earlier with the same issue. Now I am going to add some data to help out.

SVN 31686 I had earlier had the same issue.

Win7 64bit
2 GB RAM
Integrated ATi x1200 using driver 10.6
HDMI ATI/Realtek driver 2.49

Current SVN xbmc-r31901-trunk.exe (debug log attached is for this version)
Skin: Confluence

NOTE: This only seems to affect items in Movies, not in TV Shows

Before when I posted I was able to get a movie to play by going into Videos and selecting the movie that way. If I went into Movies and see all the movie info and hit play it would either stick on Waiting... or it would start to play audio, no video, for about 10 seconds then freeze.

I had it working last night on SVN xbmc-r31755-trunk but that was after I deleted EVERYTHING that had to do with XBMC (userdata folder included) and installed 31755 fresh.

I decided to update to SVN xbmc-r31827-trunk by installing it on top of 31755 and that is when it broke again.

So I uninstalled 31827 and erased ALL userdata too then reinstalled 31827 and let it rescan all my Movie data (IMDB) while I slept. This morning it still wasn't working.

I didn't want to spend another 3.5 hours scraping movie info so I backed up sources.xml, MyVideos34.db, and the Thumbnails folder and uninstalled and deleted UserData.

I installed 31901 and restored the previously mentioned data so I wouldn't have to scrape again and the issue persists.

Full debug file is attached, and the steps followed in it are:
Start XBMC
Go to Videos > Movies directory > Title > 2 Fast 2 Furious > and the framerate drops to about 10 FPS and audio starts repeating the same second over and over again until the program hangs and Windows asks to close it or wait, which I choose close.

Let me know if you need any more info!

http://pastebin.com/C0yZSRfr
I think this has to do with something in the UserData folder. The times I have gotten it to work I have to delete all my userdata and then scrape ALL my movies over again. I just installed the new Dharma SVN and it is doing the same thing.

Am I supposed to be doing something different when upgrading each SVN? I either just install on top of the current one or I uninstall the current one (except for the userdata folder) and install the newest SVN.

Any help at all is greatly appreciated at this point, as upgrading each SVN might now take me 3.5 hours with having to scrape all the info again.
quick temporary fix for this problem - Disable "Extract thumbnails and video information" in Settings->Video->File lists.
dbone Wrote:quick temporary fix for this problem - Disable "Extract thumbnails and video information" in Settings->Video->File lists.

That works!

So is this the cause of the problem?
Confirm this works for me as well.
Yep, it worked for me too.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 31321 & 31009 hangs when starting moving0