Xbmc on windows 7 and asrock 330 ht
Guys i really need help on this one.

I used to have a regular pc tu use as media center. but it was big and noisy, so i brought a Asrock 330 ht, it is a great machine, first i tried to install ubuntu 10, but the video playback waas not very good, i got a line with the image break in the tom or even in the middle of the screen in fast scenes.. on 720p mkv also in 1080p, and no driver support for the IR from the remote controler.

So i moved to windows, installed everithing, over the MPC home cinema both 720p and 1080p movies play smooth, but inside xbmc it does not and i got the screens split, and also on screen transitions when i navigate over the menu sometimes it goes slow...

I got all the latest windows 7 drivers from nvidia, im using windows 7 64bits professional.

I need a solution or for windows or for ubuntu, keep in mind i want the remote controler to wiork on windows it does.
Sounds like you had tearing turning vsync on would probably solved this

Windows you need to use the latest builds as you cant play 720p/1080p without hardware acceleration on a asrock

Linux they released a driver for the IR a while back

There are loads of owners of Asrock Ions on here if you search titles for Asrock your find all the answers there's a number of guides on here to for example

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=66658
As >>X<< says, you need to enable the hardware acceleration. I forget where this is in the settinsg: Video/Playback I think.

With the current development builds I get momentary screen slowdowns during menu transitions on a Core2 Quad with a Perc RAID controller, so it's probably unfair to blame the Asrock for that :-)

The Asrock remote is Microsoft compatible (only on Windows 7 though). See http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Usi...in_Windows for stuff on using the remote. There's even a .reg file specifically for the Asrock.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmc on windows 7 and asrock 330 ht0