Harmony 515 + Original Xbox IR Receiver
Hey,

I'm running XBMC 9.04 on Windows XP SP3. Up until now, I used the original XBOX DVD Kit (Remote Control + infrared receiver) with a USB-adapter in combination with EventGhost to control XBMC.

I recently got a Logitech Harmony 515 and would like to use it to control XBMC. I tried emulating an XBOX 360 remote control (couldn't find the original one), which basically works as well. The problem I have (both with the Harmony and the original RC) is that the code for the XBOX-Kit and my Thomson A/V receiver overlap in some areas; Display turns the reciever off, Play turns on DVD-mode on my receiver. Using the Harmony, I would like to try and emulate some other remote control, which would still work with the XBOX-Kit IR receiver and also controls XBMC. Maybe emulating an MCE keyboard, as suggested in the "Harmony/XBMC without EventGhost" thread?

Any ideas? Thanks!
If you can find a Microsoft IR receiver (you'll probably have to buy a handset and receiver together) then this will work fine. It needs no drivers on XP and the Harmony can emulate the Microsoft handset. I think I recall someone posting recently to say they found HP IR receivers for sale, and these are MS compatible. It might be worth a search of this forum.

NB the many cheap MCE clone remotes are generally not fully compatible with the Microsoft remote and should be avoided.

See http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Usi...in_Windows for info on using the MS remote with XBMC.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Harmony 515 + Original Xbox IR Receiver0