tbn and fanart not showing up
Hi. I am having a strange problem, perhaps some of you guys can help me out.

I am using XBMC PRE-10.5 r31657 (Compiled: Jul 8 2010) and currently have a ftp server on my main machine (Windows 7 x64) and I can see and access all my files from my xbmc machine (Ubuntu 9.10).

When I start scanning for new content on a video source, some movie covers and some fanarts do not show up.
My current file structure is:
NameOfMovie.mkv
NameOfMovie.nfo
NameOfMovie.tbn
NameOfMovie-fanart.jpg

Here's my debugging log file, in this case "Alice in Wonderland" is the one which tbn and fanart isn't showing up. In this debugging log I scanned a source for new content. (The source had "Movies" as content type).
http://pastebin.com/UHZtm1kP

I didn't find someone with this problem using the search function. Is anybody else experiencing this? Perhaps XBMC is not being able to fetch some images through the network for some strange reason.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Please post the FULL Debug Log, not a truncated one. I cannot confirm what version you are running otherwise.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Sorry, you're right, shouldn't have truncated the file.

Here's my full debug log.
http://pastebin.com/jnXamS1W

In this case these are the movies in which tbns and fanarts aren't showing up:
- (500) Days of Summer

Thank you again!
Strange. It appears that none of your local files are being used at all, other than the .nfo files - for 2012 it downloaded posters and fanart.

Have you tried local files to rule out some weirdness with your FTP share?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Hey, sorry I haven't been able to try this before, had a very busy work week.

I copied three movies with all their files to a local folder and scanned it. It took the tbn and fanarts perfectly. Here's my debug log of "Scan for new content" in the local share:
http://pastebin.com/D8HAZPQk

I tried again with the remote FTP share, and the same thing happened. No cover and no fanart.

The weird thing is that if I access my FTP server from linux "Connect to a server", I can see al my files.

Here's a screenshot of my Windows folder:

And here's a screenshot of Linux accessing my FTP server and showing all the files:

The folder is named "0-9", I checked with other folder (i.e. with name "A" or "B") and the same happens. No tbn and no fanart.

What could possibly be going wrong with my FTP share that XBMC doesn't see my tbn and fanart files? Perhaps it doesn't even see the nfo files.

Thank you for helping me!
I thought maybe my FTP server was not delivering all files when many fast "listing" calls where being made by the "Scan for new content" command.

Strange thing is that I scanned my mp3 library (which contains many folder.jpg files) and all of them are showing up ok.

Is there anyone out there with this same problem?
Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
tbn and fanart not showing up0