XBMC for Win sees my SMB share, works great, but
I would like to offload content to the XBMC machine and regain some drive space on my PC. As XBMC can see the windows shared folder and the internet, I just can't get on the thing, tried to FTP, tried add network place, but if I enable control via http I can see the tv/movie/music webpage, so back and forth is working, I am missing some step to see the XBMC drive to copy files to. Help and thanx in advance?
Come on guys, 40 views but no answers? This is the forum to be in!
barrythedude Wrote:Come on guys, 40 views but no answers? This is the forum to be in!

Not really, copying files around is a Windows problem and nothing to do with XBMC.

It's not clear what you're trying to do. When you say "XBMC machine" is this a PC/HTPC running Windows and XBMC? If so are you trying to share a folder on the XBMC PC then copy files to it?

JR
It is a windows box with XBMC for windows
barrythedude Wrote:It is a windows box with XBMC for windows

Are you trying to share a folder on the XBMC PC then copy files to it?

JR
XBMC is no operating system. If you want to ftp to your XBMC PC you'll need a ftp server on it or open shares for it. XBMC has some simple file manager to copy files around if this is what you want (system->right arrow->filemanager)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I could not get windows sharing to work properly, so I made a folder in the root, then gave it all the permissions and now XBMC sees the share - weird, oh well, saves me a new hard drive! Thanx

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC for Win sees my SMB share, works great, but0