XBMC Install Problems - 10.04 64bit
When i try to install xbmc-standalone this is what i get

xbmc-data (= 1:10.08`svn32246-lucid) but it is not going to be installed
xbmc-confluence (= 1:10.08`svn32246-lucid) but it is not going to be installed
xbmc-web (= 1:10.08`svn32246-lucid) but it is not going to be installed

I dont know what this means or how to fix it to install xbmc

I am running 10.04 64bit.

Thanks up front
The SVN PPA currently has a long queuing before all parts are built.
I do not know the exact error you are getting (would need more info for that) but i think that you tried to install xbmc when a new svn-release was partly built.

You can do 2 things:

1/ Manually download the debs from the PPA (from a successful build ex " xbmc - 1:10.08~svn32246-lucid1 " from this link) and do 'sudo dkpg -i *.deb'

2/ Or wait until the new PPA debs are built.

That would be in 22 hours, when this page PPA has a green ok sign in the right.
If you click i386 you will see when its scheduled to be built.
Even though the 64 bit packages are built, you will have to wait for i386 since the architecture independent packages are built by that one.

Hope this helps.
agruman Wrote:The SVN PPA currently has a long queuing before all parts are built.
I do not know the exact error you are getting (would need more info for that) but i think that you tried to install xbmc when a new svn-release was partly built.

You can do 2 things:

1/ Manually download the debs from the PPA (from a successful build ex " xbmc - 1:10.08~svn32246-lucid1 " from this link) and do 'sudo dkpg -i *.deb'

2/ Or wait until the new PPA debs are built.

That would be in 22 hours, when this page PPA has a green ok sign in the right.
If you click i386 you will see when its scheduled to be built.
Even though the 64 bit packages are built, you will have to wait for i386 since the architecture independent packages are built by that one.

Hope this helps.

No actually hes experiencing the xbmc bug that prevents upgrading from 9.11 to svn ppa. http://sourceforge.net/apps/phpbb/xci/vi...p?f=2&t=75
X3lectric Wrote:No actually hes experiencing the xbmc bug that prevents upgrading from 9.11 to svn ppa. http://sourceforge.net/apps/phpbb/xci/vi...p?f=2&t=75
Actully he is.
On a 64-bit without xbmc installed you get the following because of missing package(s):

$ sudo apt-get install xbmc-standalone
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
xbmc-standalone: Depends: xbmc-data (= 1:10.08~svn32246-lucid1) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: xbmc-skin-confluence (= 1:10.08~svn32246-lucid1) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: xbmc-web (= 1:10.08~svn32246-lucid1) but it is not going to be installed
E: Broken packages
well either way that bug does same thing, you can try to purge all packages and reinstall, anyway it is also true that 64 bit system had 32 bit python which was breaking some stuff.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Install Problems - 10.04 64bit0