• 90(current)
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way
(2020-08-04, 16:04)rootz Wrote: script still works great on Windows 10 x64 v1909.
Guess that's an FYI update on a 10 year old thread.
(2020-08-04, 21:52)PatK Wrote:
(2020-08-04, 16:04)rootz Wrote: script still works great on Windows 10 x64 v1909.
Guess that's an FYI update on a 10 year old thread.
Resurrecting again  Smile  Script has worked for years (Win 10) but would not work on a much newer HTPC (Win 10).  Anyone scratching their head who finds this thread, this might help fix it.  The new machine had an additional registry entry for "RC6 based MCE and XBOX360 remote".  This entry wasn't on the older system & conflicts with the Green Button entry for "RC6 based MCE remote", so delete it.

Install "Green Button" updated registry, AutoHotKey & set up GSB_Script_AllinOne.ahk then:
1) win+r & type regedit
2) Navigate to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\HidIr\Remotes\
3) Find registry entry called 745a17a0-74d3-11d0-b6fe-00a0c90f56da (you might want to back this up before proceeding) & delete it
4) Restart PC
Hello !

If this could help someone, I also did some tweaking.

On my side, I have a König remote control model CMP-MEDIAREM12, which I used many years before with Windows Media Center.
After that I used my phone to control LibreElec, but I think a remote control is more comfortable.
So recently, I managed to configure it again on my new HTPC under Windows with Kodi.

This König remote seems not to be based on Microsoft RC6.
So I could not use the Windows registry mapping, with for example Advanced MCE Remote Mapper.
But good luck, most of the keys are working natively !
And until now, I mapped the wished keys with the Keymap Editor plugin of Kodi.

Another step was to configure the "Big Green Button".
I first mapped it in Kodi for returning to the Home menu.
But my remote sends the LAlt+LWin+Enter key combination (found through AutoHotkey keyboard hook).
And because of the Alt+Enter shortcut, Kodi does switch between fullscreen and windowed mode.

Disabling the shortcut with <enter mod="alt">noop</enter> in the XML keymap was not enough.
So I decided to use the GSB_Script_AllinOne script, which also disables the shortcut under Windows.
And as the script from 2014 does no longer works with the actual AutoHotkey releases, I also did some updates (listed below) to adapt it.

I did not touch the second half of the script about monitors and SmartFocus.
To restore Kodi after switching between the TV sources, I test for the moment Monitor Keeper:
https://github.com/hunkydoryrepair/Monit...r/releases

List of updates

Line 10:
AutoHotkey:
if not WinExist("ahk_exe Kodi.exe") ;IfWinNotExist is deprecated
{ ;Added brackets to include lines 11 to 40 in the "if"
}

Line 18:
Changed Kodi 64 bits path to "C:\Program Files\Kodi\Kodi.exe"
But as Kodi exists today in 64 bits and path is the same, does it still make sense to test the architecture ?

Line 20:
Added missing "i" letter in the "if"

Line 32:
AutoHotkey:
Sleep, 3000 ;Wait before Kodi is completely started. Otherwise, the following commands could be applied under Windows.

Lines 33-34:
AutoHotkey:
WinShow, ahk_exe Kodi.exe ;First to front
WinActivate, ahk_exe Kodi.exe ;Then focus

Lines 35-36 and 46-47:
AutoHotkey:
WinGet, ExStyle, ExStyle, ahk_exe Kodi.exe ;"Style" and "ahk_class" could not detect properly fullscreen or windowed mode of Kodi
if (ExStyle & 0x00000100)  ;0x00000100 is WS_EX_WINDOWEDGE

Lines 38 and 49:
AutoHotkey:
Send !{Enter}  ;"VKDC" did not work, used instead the Alt+Enter shortcut.

Between lines 45 and 46:
AutoHotkey:
WinActivate, ahk_exe Kodi.exe ;Added focus on Kodi before WinGet and Send

Line 52:
Can be comment out when using Keymap Editor
(2021-11-03, 13:15)FumbDuck Wrote: 3) Find registry entry called 745a17a0-74d3-11d0-b6fe-00a0c90f56da (you might want to back this up before proceeding) & delete it

Resurrecting again!
This is the ticket. Just made a new W10 usb from the MS online "USB builder" thing last weekend and couldn't get the customregis stuff to work (no info, context, etc). Used the Win8 reg and his keymap.xml, deleted this key (the only ending in da), restarted, and everything was back to normal.
Thx FumbDuck
thank you
  • 90(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way15