[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way

Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 5 Average
rasmu Offline
Oh you know I had so much problem with GSB, I wanted to help Angel
Actually the only bug I had was with ^!{VK74}, had to replace with ^!{F5}

Last thing you can try if not already done is to change ctrl+alt+F5 with another combination (I use ctrl+win+F5)
If it's still not working, I give up Smile
find quote
bolter Offline
I have been running the customreg program to setup my rc6 remote for kodi/xbmc for years with no problems. I have now upgraded to windows 10 and the setup now does not work correctly. Kodi no longer starts with the green button anymore.

Any suggestions?

Update: Have got it working. Had to reinstall it as windows 7 not windows 8. All good now.
(This post was last modified: 2015-08-21 02:34 by bolter.)
find quote
chrisallanriley Offline

I love this workaround. Are they any plans to make it Windows 10 compatible? It's currently the only thing that's stopping me from upgrading my media centre to Windows 10.

Many Thanks

find quote
shuttle Offline
Many thanks for a great solution for RC6 remotes with XBMC

I had it all installed and running well for many months now. The other day I installed eventghost for use with SkyGo xbmc plugin. After installing eventghost the remote stopped working. I then uninstalled eventghost and still nothing worked. I then reinstalled the IR driver, customreg auto installer and autohotkey but the remote still doesn't work.

I am using an intel nuc D34010WYK with built in CIR which show as Microsoft ehome. I am on XBMC v13 Margo with the AIM RC6 remote with Windows 7 sp1 32-bit.

The nuc can be turn on from the power button on the remote, so I know the two are communicating on a basic level.

Any ideas how to possibly fix this please?

After trying a few things, I realised that I had installed the MCE service for the MCE win7/8 plugin in Eventghost. After going in to the MCE win7/8 plugin and uninstalling the service, everything is back to normal. Hope this helps anyone else with the same problem.
(This post was last modified: 2015-10-07 17:28 by shuttle.)
find quote
stephendt Offline
+1, anyone got this working on Windows 10? No dice here.
find quote
snoxbox Offline
Hey guys, I've been having issues with this for a while now. Everything works perfectly except I cannot figure out how to bring up the OSD when watching full screen video. I did have it working with the 'Menu' button on my Harmony, but it stopped working about 12 months ago and I've never figured out why. I've been playing around with it today, trying different setups with my Harmony (using MCE Keyboard, MCE Remote, different buttons etc.) with no luck.

Running Windows 8.1 and Kodi 15.2. I've reinstalled customregis. Any tips? This is driving me crazy!

1- What Operating system are you using? Windows 8.1. Final
2- What Remote are using? Is it Microsoft Comaptible or is it Microsoft Certified? Logitech Harmony 650
3- Was the Remote Certified for use with Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7? Not sure
4- What IR receiver are you using? HTPC built-in or a USB one? Did the IR receiver come with your remote or did you buy it separately? Hauppauge MCE USB IR Receiver (ehome) - bought seperately
5- IF you are using a USB IR receiver have you got a built-in IR receiver in your HTPC by any chance? Have you disabled the Built-in IR receiver before using the USB one? No built in
6- Is your IR Receiver listed as "Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver" under the "Human Interface Devices" in the "Device Manager"? Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver
7- Have you tried any kind of software before trying my customised setup? Have you used any apps like EventGhost before using my setup? This is IMPORTANT, if you used Eventghost in the past you might still have the "Hid service disabled" then you need to Enable the HID service again by UNTICKING "Disable hid Service" in EventGhost. No EventGhost or any other remote software
8- Please let me know which version of the .reg file you used or if you used the Auto installer method? Auto Installer
9- If its Keyboard.xml issue, then please include what version did you use and where did you put it? Also if you changed anything in the Keyboard.xml in the system installation folder of XBMC/Kodi?
10- Finally What XBMC/Kodi version are you using? 15.2
find quote