Updating to Latest SVN - Custom Settings Safe?
Apologies if this has been asked, I did search but didn't find anything.

I'm running a recent SVN build with Windows 7. If I want to update to the most recent build, is it safe to just download and run the installer or is there anything else I need to do? I've made quite a few customizations via advancedsettings.xml etc, and I don't want them overwritten.

Thanks.
Mindzai Wrote:Apologies if this has been asked, I did search but didn't find anything.

I'm running a recent SVN build with Windows 7. If I want to update to the most recent build, is it safe to just download and run the installer or is there anything else I need to do? I've made quite a few customizations via advancedsettings.xml etc, and I don't want them overwritten.

Thanks.

not sure really whats in the advancedsettings.xml but whenever I do update to any recent xbmc release my current settings are intact. If not sure just save a copy of your advancedsettings.xml somewhere safe. Install Latets XBMC then if you lost your settings just overwrite the new one with your current advancedsettings.xml Big Grin
advancedsettings.xml is never overwritten.
You'll want to back up the xbmc dir because the db gets updated and then you can't go back.
OK, thanks for the replies. Wink
Can somebody explain how to update XBMC if no installer is used. Just overwriting the XBMC dir with the new zip? But how then gets the DB updated?

Do i need to change or backup something in the user (roaming) folder?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Updating to Latest SVN - Custom Settings Safe?0