Music in Library Mode using iTunes plugin for Windows
Question 
I'm outclassed in here but am slowly learning how to put it all together and am loving XBMC. Following the iTunes plugin thread, I've managed to get my iTunes library imported, but I can only view it in File Mode. I'd love to see it in Library Mode, but that option is grayed out. Can anyone tell me if this is possible, and if so, how? Thanks a lot.
I'm still trying to sort out how to do this as well. I haven't used the plugin yet, but am trying to share my iTunes library using the open source daap server Firefly. You can add daap as a source in music, and I think scan it into your library from there. Not at home to try it right now, but I will be later. Files mode works fine for accessing iTunes playlists, but no artwork. I imagine this is the same concern you have.
It is the same concern, yes. I'd love the interface to be as beautiful as I've got my movies looking (and similarly, so that the wife can figure out how to listen to something). Any help will be much appreciated.
You do it the same way as you do everything else: You have to scan it into your library.

I strongly suggest just scanning the music files themselves and ignoring the fact that they're in iTunes. i.e. add a source that points to your iTunes music folder and scan that into XBMC's library.

The alternative is just scanning the "Songs" listing within the iTunes plugin. If you can the whole plugin it will recurse through into Albums/Artists and add songs multiple times.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

This works, thanks. I lose my iTunes playlists, unfortunately, but I can live without that. I couldn't even find a "Songs" listing in the iT plugin (everything else was there), so that plugin seems more trouble than it's worth. Thanks again!
It's whichever gives you the whole list - I dunno what it is as I feel the same about iTunes rather than focusing on the plugin Wink

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

My workaround with itunes...

I manage all meta (id3) data in itunes and all artwork is managed by an app called iart. I work only in library mode by scanning folders on xbmc, all genres are taken from the files all artwork is managed by an app called iart and I use a free app called itunes export http://www.ericdaugherty.com/dev/itunesexport/ to convert my itunes playlists into xbmc.

In itunes expoort you can create custom locations and choose direction of slashes and where to save so exports valid m3u playlists for imediate use in xbmc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music in Library Mode using iTunes plugin for Windows0