Can't Figure These Issues Out in Aeon65 & Latest Dharma
I installed the latest Dharma release (r32525) and fired up Aeon65. Issues I'm having that I can't figure out for the life of me:

1) There are default image backdrops in the menus, making it impossible to see some items. Had to switch to reptile to use Settings. Is this normal?

2) I used to use Showmix and in the settings each text setting would have a on/off tick to the right. Nothing shows up in Aeon65. If I highlight and hit "Enter" things do shut off/on, but no visual indicator.

3) Movies and TV Shows only have Low List. I highlight View: Low List and hit enter, but get no other menu options. I was hoping to just get a horizonal poster scroll on the bottom with full screen fanart...and show/movie info I can trigger on/off if I want.

4) How the hell do I get "Recently Added" off the Movies and TV Show main menu screens?? Smile

Thanks for any help you can give.
dukeofcrydee Wrote:I installed the latest Dharma release (r32525) and fired up Aeon65. Issues I'm having that I can't figure out for the life of me:

1) There are default image backdrops in the menus, making it impossible to see some items. Had to switch to reptile to use Settings. Is this normal?

2) I used to use Showmix and in the settings each text setting would have a on/off tick to the right. Nothing shows up in Aeon65. If I highlight and hit "Enter" things do shut off/on, but no visual indicator.

3) Movies and TV Shows only have Low List. I highlight View: Low List and hit enter, but get no other menu options. I was hoping to just get a horizonal poster scroll on the bottom with full screen fanart...and show/movie info I can trigger on/off if I want.

4) How the hell do I get "Recently Added" off the Movies and TV Show main menu screens?? Smile

Thanks for any help you can give.

1. Explain more I don't understand

2. they get lighter and darker depending on if they are on off

3. There's not just one tye there are many so I don't know what your doing wrong here.

4. Settings > Main Menu > Widgets
BinaryMonkey Wrote:1. Explain more I don't understand

Nevermind. Realized it was my own stupidity here.

BinaryMonkey Wrote:2. they get lighter and darker depending on if they are on off

That's the thing. I don't see anything at all. So I'm hitting "enter" blindly to mess with the options.

BinaryMonkey Wrote:3. There's not just one tye there are many so I don't know what your doing wrong here.

I go into Movies or TV Shows. I move all the way to the left to get the options. I go to the top most item and the text goes from white to black, I hit "enter" or "ok" on the remote...nothing.

BinaryMonkey Wrote:4. Settings > Main Menu > Widgets

Since I'm flying blind, I hit "enter" on what made sense. The pop-up was still there when I exited.

Considering your response, I get the feeling r32525 just might not be cutting it. I'll try the one before and keep going backwards for a couple of releases to see if I see a difference.

Just curious, but if you happen to have Aeon65 working just fine, do you mind telling me which release number of Dharma you're using?
Ok, I'm pretty much set except for two things. After trying another Dharma build with the same problems, it hit me that by keeping my profile on uninstallation, I may be corrupting the new install. That was it. Thankfully I exported my video library already. Smile

The two things are:

1) The RSS feed banner. Is there a way to delete that from all of the sections? Or at the very least the main home menu area?

2) What does the "Activate Teletext" option do?
1) settings - advanced - media browsers - viewtype options - global rss (unchecked)
sergiocos Wrote:1) settings - advanced - media browsers - viewtype options - global rss (unchecked)

Thank you sir! This killed the entire RSS feed from when I'm within the Movies, TV Shows, etc.. menus.

Unfortunately the white RSS bar docked to my home screens menu when I first log in, is still there. I wonder if I can rip it out by editing some system files.
duke, I tried aeon65 today and found that to switch views, you have to press enter and then hit the left/right arrow keys to change the view name.
Then wait a second or two and the new view will be applied.

I have to admit it took me a few tries to figure it out Smile
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
dukeofcrydee Wrote:Thank you sir! This killed the entire RSS feed from when I'm within the Movies, TV Shows, etc.. menus.

Unfortunately the white RSS bar docked to my home screens menu when I first log in, is still there. I wonder if I can rip it out by editing some system files.

possible now, main menu setting -->furniture
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't Figure These Issues Out in Aeon65 & Latest Dharma0