Perfect XBMC Mini Remote/Keyboard by Lenovo
Guys! While looking for a new Input Device for my XBMC PC i found a really cool and cheap solution.

i bought it in germany for about 39,00 euros (cyberport.de) and i only can say: cool thing.

the keyboard comes with a mini usb receiver (RF) which nearly fits in the usb port. you navigate with a trackball onehanded. the keyboard is also very lightweighted.

the only disadvantage is the missing "klick" on the trackball. you always have to klick the button.

The Lenovo Product-Code for the european version is: 57Y6470
-= XBMC Lover © 2006 =-
---------------------------------------
XBMC @ Lenovo Q180, harmony one, Sony Bravia KDL-55W905, Marantz SR5006, MySQL XBMC Database @ Synology DS-409+ (thx Firnsy)
XBMC @ Lenovo Q150 and a Panasonic Plasma for bedrooming ;)
I can highly recommend this, already had a comparison with the logitech dinovo mini in my blog. it is NOT using bluetooth which means no pairing problems, low battery usage, works out of the box.

the only thing that bothers me: is there any way to map this strange orange button for XBMC in linux?
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
I held on in the store and found it extremely odd to type on. maybe its one of things you get used to and it grows on you.

-=Jason=-
it definitely does, jason. all in all the typing was a little more enjoyable on the dinovo but the layout was completely wrong, had to do way too much Fn-combinations for important keys, and the response time of the dinovo also was kinda laggy.
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
Looks like it will have a very low WAF...

WAF is pretty close to 0 here in general user HT setups. When people sit in front of TVs, they're conditioned to reach for remote controls, not keyboards that happen to be about the size of a remote control. A "mouse" that worked like a Wiimote would be more likely to be acceptable for most non-technical users.

I normally use a Logitech Harmony remote with some shortcuts for common tasks like updating the library and plan to use an app on my phone that lets me make keystrokes if I need to. However, Air Mouse and the like can't really beat the usability of a straight keyboard if you need to go in and do some quick hacks, so it's useful for those constantly tweaking their setups. Now I have to figure out how to reduce the lag of the Harmony remotes because the wife absolutely hates it.
Hi,

I got the lenovo originally for my bedroom htpc, unfortunately it does not have a backlight which means its nearly impossible to use in dark or dim conditions. I then opted for a rii mini keyboard and haven't looked back since. Dont get me wrong, the lenovo is a decent piece of kit for the price but if you are intending to use in a darkened room you might want to look elsewhere.

cheers
HTPC 1 : Acer revo R3700 ion2 HTPC 2 :Apple TV2 HTPC 3 : Apple TV2 HTPC4 Acer revo R3700 ion2 Remote : x2 Riimote2
SERVER : 10TB Ubuntu Server 10.04, dual wintv nova hd s2 cards, tvheadend, Newcs, Omnikey reader, White *Sky uk* Card, Mysql Db, Sabnzbdplus, SickBeard, Couchpotato, FlexRaid. :cool:
--------------------------------------------
djk29a Wrote:WAF is pretty close to 0 here in general user HT setups. When people sit in front of TVs, they're conditioned to reach for remote controls, not keyboards that happen to be about the size of a remote control. A "mouse" that worked like a Wiimote would be more likely to be acceptable for most non-technical users.

I normally use a Logitech Harmony remote with some shortcuts for common tasks like updating the library and plan to use an app on my phone that lets me make keystrokes if I need to. However, Air Mouse and the like can't really beat the usability of a straight keyboard if you need to go in and do some quick hacks, so it's useful for those constantly tweaking their setups. Now I have to figure out how to reduce the lag of the Harmony remotes because the wife absolutely hates it.

you should be able to edit the delay in the logitech settings. I know there has been talk about it, on here and most defiantly google.
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=ch...armony+lag

my Monster Cable remote send my commands instantly and its going from remote via RF to the RF receiver that outputs IR to the components and I have NO LAG what so ever

-=Jason=-
djk29a Wrote:When people sit in front of TVs, they're conditioned to reach for remote controls, not keyboards that happen to be about the size of a remote control.

Agreed

I have the mouse option disabled in XBMC and prefer to use a MCE remote which handles everything just fine. Of course there are those rare times when I need to work in the Linux environment, type a password or a URL ... this Lenovo gadget is such an improvement over the bluetooth wireless keyboard and mouse ... and if you keep your eyes opened you can find it for under $30 US from time to time:

http://www.techbargains.com/news_displayItem.cfm/218529
I use both a Lenovo & an MCE remote & am very happy with the Lenovo when I need to do keyboard inputting) web use on HTPC for grabbing latest XBMC SVNs, drivers, forum replies etc, and still have the remote to use w/ XBMC skins that prefer it.
I think the ergo layout is better than that mini kybd, at least for me (easier to hold & type)
But I DO dig the lit keys !!
Nvidia ShieldTV (2017)+Nexus
I use Logitech diNovo Min and what should I say ...
IMHO this my DREAM OF remote keyboard / mouse solution for a mediacenter.
I pluged in ... works out of the box ...

Neither has to deal anymore a with IR-REMOTE for controlling my XBMC ....
I love that thing, had a chance to use the unit for a client of mine and think the q150 makes a perfect XBMC box!!
I use the Collect3 iPhone remote. It's brilliant. Both my parents, my sister and I all have it installed. It's the 'wow' app I show people when I'm showing off my phone. Obviously not everyone can use it, but I don't see it mentioned much.

I've used the di Nivo mini a bit but only find it ok.
I personally use this: http://www.gyration.com/index.php/us/pro...emote.html

Its a nice keyboard mouse combo and uses RF instead of IR, can also be reprogrammed to control other devices

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Perfect XBMC Mini Remote/Keyboard by Lenovo0