Can't Connect Macbook to XBMC
Help! I've searched this forum many times, but can't find a solution to my problem. I can't seem to set up my Macbook as a Video source using an SMB share.

I have file sharing on, and I can connect to my computer from my wife's macbook. My Macbook used to be connected, but recently had a total failure and had the motherboard and HDD replaced on my macbook. Now when i try to add my Macbook as a source i always get the "Operation Timed Out" error message. My Macbook shows up in the "Windows Network (SMB)" option under "Browse" when i go to "Add Source", but i get the timed out message when i try to select it.

I have tried entering the IP address, the folder, the username and password, with spaces, without spaces, and in various combinations, but nothing seems to work. Can someone walk me through how to do this? My wife's computer has been connected for well over a year w/o a hitch, but i can't figure out why mine won't connect.

Thanks!

I have a MacBook running OS 10.5.8 and have
AppleTV
XBMC 9.11 alpha 1 r24249
I will gladly post the log file if someone can show me how (sorry i'm a newb)
any help? Is there any more info i can post? Any help appreciated. Thanks!
I always need to add the server to /etc/hosts.
on the macbook? It says i only have read access to that file...looks like i also cant connect from mac to mac via SMB, but AFP works perfectly for mac to mac. Is there another way to connect the apple TV XBMC to my mac?
On the macbook open sharing preferences, in the advanced tab ensure SMB is switched on.
Back in the sharing pane is a plus button for folders to share click this and navigate to what ever folder it is you want to share.

Once added this will be available via XBMC by browsing>Windows Network>Yourmacbook>The folder

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't Connect Macbook to XBMC0