[LINUX] SVN - No Addon Repo/Weather/RSS, Scrapes OK
Not sure whats going on. Through SSH to the machine, I can wget, ping etc. SAB is always running and downloading without a problem.

If I try to open Weather I got a no connection error message.

Every time I open System Info - the Network tab says Internet: Connected, but DNS not working. If I leave this window open, I eventually see Internet: Connected If I quickly get back to the main screen and click weather, it actually opens, but still won't refresh - automatically, or manually.

Not sure whats going on here. RSS doesn't work either. Scraping does. So weird.

Not sure what to do as for pasting logs, etc. I've never submitted anything before. I can't find anything remotely mentioning it in .xbmc/temp/xbmc.log

My network setup is pretty straightforward. No proxy, HTPC and 2 other devices wired, 3 wireless. No Mac filtering, every other device and almost all of this one work fine.

So strange to me.
Debug log to pastebin.com. Look at my link in my signature for details on how to post in a useful manner.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Ok, my bad.

Forever later, many upgrades, pretty much the same problem.

XBMC installed via PPA and sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade on a daily script.

Currently (18 Oct 2010) XBMC 10.0 - beta3 r34731
System - Ionitx-F-E (Rev 1 that doesn't WakeOnUsb)
Minibuntu 10.04 upgraded from a dist-upgrade of an install script from way back. Actually tempted to clean install, but don't want to lose library, or Lirc codes - and I dont know which step made my remote work to repeat it again AngryNo

http://pastebin.org/300285

The gist is error 28 from CURL.
However, if I type curl (address in log file) it seems to work ok

In a browser, I see my city etc. In terminal (I do everything SSH from my macbook to my media box), I get a bunch of numbers.

I JUST got the addon repo to work for the first time today. I'm maybe wondering if the curl timeout is too quick, my internet does suck (6Mbps when I'm lucky)

Cheers guys.
Still stuck without weather.
I believe everything else works, and I can resolve the DNS for the xoap.weather.com address just fine. Is there another weather addon I can try? I've search unsuccessfully for one.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] SVN - No Addon Repo/Weather/RSS, Scrapes OK0