advancedsettings.xml, centralized mysql db and smb authentication
Exclamation 
I setup my windows desktop PC with Dharma Beta 2 tonight and have mysql database centralized and working with the windows desktop. I've added the library and the desktop pc is pulling from the central mysql db just fine.

All media is on a Windows Home Server.

Now I setup my linux live revo with Dharma Beta 2 and pointed it to the mysql shared database. It pulls up just fine, reads everything except that it doesn't have access to the samba share. The windows PC which I imported all the content through, has access.

What is the best way to permanently authenticate the linux box so that it can access the media on my NAS?

Thanks,

ScAndal
In this threed you will find alot of information
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=70603

One way of solving it would be to have the Thumbnails cache folder of xbmc on an share, on the same machine that holds your mysql db.

What i did to make mine work was.

Install smbf on my linux box
Code:
apt-get update
Code:
sudo apt-get install smbfs

Then create an .credentials file in your home folder that holds the username and password for the user connecting
Code:
username=xbmc_username
password=xbmc_password

Then edit your /etc/fstab so with the following to make it automount your share using the username and password from the .credentials.
Code:
//192.168.1.10/xbmc/Thumbnails  /home/xbmc_username/.xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails   cifs  credentials=/home/xbmc_username/.credentials,_netdev,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777 0 0

In this command i am connecting to machine with ip 192.168.1.10, and the Share xbmc. In xbmc share i have one Thumnails folder. Then redirecting the local Thumbnails folder to that share.

All this was found when i read the whole threed i posted upp the top. You will have to have the same xbmc_username with the same password on both boxes.

Hope this helps, Best regards
---------------------------------------------------
Intel NUC Haswell D34010WYK | ATV2 | Logitech Harmony One | Onkyo TX-NR808 Receiver | QNAP 809 | APC Back-UPS RS 550
Don't forget to also add the video source in xbmc too.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
advancedsettings.xml, centralized mysql db and smb authentication0