Mac Mini: Sleep Test?
When running Dharma beta, can anyone else see if XBMC locks up the entire system on a Mac Mini when you let it idle overnight while on an item listing?

When viewing the library, or a file listing, if I leave my mac mini sit overnight on that screen, it freezes the entire system by the next day (likely when the system goes into sleep and then wakes). My mac keyboard and mouse become unresponsive, system refuses to wake (screen won't even un-dim) and I am unable to even force quit XBMC and get back to the desktop. Only way out is to hard power down the Mini.

However, when sitting on the home screen, and not on a file listing, it wakes just fine.

I am using the Aeon Dharma skin.

Can anyone else with a Mac Mini test and duplicate before I escalate the bug?
BDPNA Wrote:When running Dharma beta, can anyone else see if XBMC locks up the entire system on a Mac Mini when you let it idle overnight while on an item listing?

When viewing the library, or a file listing, if I leave my mac mini sit overnight on that screen, it freezes the entire system by the next day (likely when the system goes into sleep and then wakes). My mac keyboard and mouse become unresponsive, system refuses to wake (screen won't even un-dim) and I am unable to even force quit XBMC and get back to the desktop. Only way out is to hard power down the Mini.

However, when sitting on the home screen, and not on a file listing, it wakes just fine.

I am using the Aeon Dharma skin.

Can anyone else with a Mac Mini test and duplicate before I escalate the bug?

What about with the default skin (Confluence) ?
davilla Wrote:What about with the default skin (Confluence) ?

I can't get mine to sleep, no matter what screen it's on :/
I'm using confluence.
I'm not sure if the thing is sleeping or just locking up in the "dim" screensaver mode. I'll play with it some more and report back, also will switch on Confluence to see if it's Aeon causing the issue.

I swear I have seen it in sleep mode (front white led on the mac mini in slow plusing mode) but it's not doing it at the moment.

Will report back and if I can get something in a crash log I'll post, but so far have not seen anything in crash log since program had not exited and I had to hard power down.
Stop guessing Smile

"sudo dmesg" or look at /var/log/system.log

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mac Mini: Sleep Test?0