Hi resolution FLACs
Yesterday, I converted one of my LPs to digital using ESI Juli@ sound card and Audition 3. Resolution 24/96. Files saved in FLAC and are played perfectly by Foobar. However, I failed to add them into XBMC. Is this because of the resolution? XBMC sees them only if they are converted back to WAV and it plays them only by internal DVD player.

Can anyone tell me what should I do with these files in order to get the best available quality of sound playing them through XBMC. Thanks!
wait Wink we have a branch supporting 24/96 (and anything you toss at it really). currently we only support 16-bit audio.
Thank you. Do you have any idea when Hi res. files support will be?
eden.
The reason why I did not see files in XBMC is wrong plugin for Audition. It created .fla file extensions instead of .flac. Following installation of correct plugin, I can easily load 24/96 files in XBMC and they are played by PAplayer. I do not know where downsampling is made and if it is still better to use red book files instead of Hi resolution files. Does anybody has an experience of comparison files with different resolution in XBMC from the point of sound quality?
FWIW Audition 3.0.0 saves FLACs as .fla - but if you update it to 3.0.1 it'll save them as .flac. I've had no problem playing 24-bit 48k FLACs on XBMC here.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hi resolution FLACs0