Windows kiosk mode
I'm using Dharma beta 2 with Win7 and have used the kiosk (shell) mode of win7 to launch xbmc in place of explorer.exe

I have a favourites item that launches firefox.exe with XBMC.System.ExecWait()

this is where my problem occurs - when xbmc freezes it's thread and launches firefox - the screen doesn't redraw so what I see is XBMC still in full screen mode but firefox is actually the active window, so if I move my mouse around the screen the pointer changes the hand when it hovers a link in firefox.

If I send ctrl+alt+delete to pull up the Windows admin screen and then click 'cancel' the screen has redrawn and Firefox is shown as the active window - moreover it shows that XBMC is actually minimized.

When I close firefox and teh xbmc thread unfreezes - it restores to full screen and continues functioning with no problem.

I can't tell if this is an XBMC.system.execwait() problem, or just a result of explorer.exe not being active on the system
just an update - using 'use a full-screen window' instead of true fullscreen fixes this, so it does appear to be something with XBMC not redrawing properly (or DirectX not handling the redraw properly...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows kiosk mode0