[REQUEST] IceFilms.info Plugin?
Lightbulb 
Hi, loooooooong time lurker here....
I've been using XBMC since its infancy, and like everyone here, I love it. I kinda fell out of the scene once my og Xbox started getting dated. I used it as a dedicated XBMC box for years and years, and it still impresses people. I've loaded a few of the most recent releases on my laptop and love messing with it when I have a chance. But I primarily hook my laptop up to my tv and just stream content from sites like IceFilms.info and some other "tube" sites.

I searched around, and this has only come up a few times, but how possible is it for sites like IceFilms to be made into a plugin? I know they are mainly a portal site that links to megaupload, but how difficult would it be to create a frontend for this in XBMC?
I ask because I have no coding skill, and this would be the end all be all of plugins.

Imagine not having to run a server, only need to search and stream anything...Shocked

tl;dr, Someone please make a plugin for IceFilms.info (megaupload). Thanks.
I second that Smile Icefilms are brilliant at what they do and it would make a fantastic plugin .
-= My Media Centre =-
ACER Revo R3610 | x2 1.5TB WD Caviar Green SATA Hard Drives (WD15EADS) | x2 2.0TB WD Caviar Green SATA Hard Drive ( WD15EARS ) | 3.5in Black eSATA USB Trayless SATA External Hard Drive Enclosure | Emprex 3009URF Wireless MCE Remote Control | XBMCLive Dharma Beta1
If IceFilms isn't a viable option, what are some good alternatives?
post deleted
Well, the plus side is that you can view the source for their Greasemonkey script, so what they do to get the videos from megaupload is essentially out in the open. The downside is that a number of videos come in multiple parts, megaupload makes you wait 45 seconds, and you also have to bypass the Captcha. Last I knew, megaupload also has a limit on the amount of videos a free user can watch in a day.
post deleted
If you create a free Megaupload account, the countdown is reduced to ~25 seconds and your daily limit is upped. I have seen 3 movies back to back and never hit the limit. The only time I do get an error is if I try to load 2 streams at once.

This usually happens when my progress stalls to 0 kb/s and I have to restart the dl. Mega upload still thinks the line is open from the stream so they cut you off for a few minutes.

PS, anarchintosh, Im super excited to hear all that progress. Im on the fence about buying a set top box or building a htpc. If I can get icefilms on xbmc, there would be no reason for me to spend extra time and money on a custom build. Thanks.
i wouldnt rely on me making it, python is a nightmare and i dont really spend very much time trying to make the plugin

UPDATE:
I released a new working proof of concept. its very rough but it works
releases of my plugin can be found here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=87703

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] IceFilms.info Plugin?0