[REQUEST] For paid development work
Hi,

I have a budget to spend on the development of a new feature for XBMC and the update of a legacy script to support Dharma.

I previously posted on Addon/Script development section of this forum and was asked for more details. On reflection it might be what I need is a new skin. The aim is to provide integrated search into an OSD over playing video or visualized audio which will return search results based on local, networked or web based content.

This could replace the current main menu as the access mechanism for all content.

For full details, please send a DM with examples of previous XBMC addon development work and I would be delighted to discuss a paid assignment.

Thanks and looking forward to working with you!
As mentioned previously, you are more likely to get responses form people if you give specifics of what you want, what you want to do, rather than asking for people to pm you for them.
prae5 Wrote:As mentioned previously, you are more likely to get responses form people if you give specifics of what you want, what you want to do, rather than asking for people to pm you for them.

Thank you for your response, I expanded my requirements in this post with as much information as I am able to give for exactly that reason.

Specifically: "The aim is to provide integrated search into an OSD over playing video or visualized audio which will return search results based on local, networked or web based content.

This could replace the current main menu as the access mechanism for all content."

If its not enough, then ok I am not posting to antagonise people, just to offer a paid opportunity to develop features.
Why are you framing this as a paid opportunity? I think most people work on stuff for xbmc because they enjoy it. I am of the mindset that being paid to do something you enjoy decreases the amount of enjoyment.

Why the secretive nature?

Also it seems similar to the googletv interface. What is your plan for accessing web content? It is just too general.
BlueCop Wrote:Why are you framing this as a paid opportunity? I think most people work on stuff for xbmc because they enjoy it. I am of the mindset that being paid to do something you enjoy decreases the amount of enjoyment.

Why the secretive nature?

Also it seems similar to the googletv interface. What is your plan for accessing web content? It is just too general.

Ok I don't mean to be secretive: I work for a company that has just sponsored a port of XBMC to MeeGo and we have also made it work one of our new TV Set Top Boxes which are powered by an Intel CE4150 platform. We showed this to some of the XBMC guys at the IBC exhibition in Amsterdam last month and it also appeared at the Intel Developer Forum IDF.

Currently we use the Executor plugin to launch 3rd party apps like a browser and it works very well, but I would like to integrate it more tightly into the UI. You are perceptive mentioning Google TV, it's quite inspiring, but maybe we could make something even better.

The offer of paid work was meant to motivate not cause suspicion as we are strong promoters of open source work and I hope we continue to demonstrate that by giving back innovation to the community.

Anyway I hope that explains my motivation a bit more clearly.
Always good to see requests for more innovation. Just some (hopefully) helpful comments:

This sounds like a request for more than just a new skin. I think a lot of the features that you want will require either a new version of XBMC (which would allow for more GoogleTV-type searching/launching) or a new version of a highly integrated Launcher/Executor script (which would then of course also need to be skinned). Sounds like a great project though and I'd love to see some of those features eventually integrated into XBMC.
Have a question? First try the XBMC online-manual and FAQ. Also: How to submit a debug log

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] For paid development work0