Can't Download skins Dharma 3
I just installed Dharma 3 on my Revo. I had the 9.11 build on there for the last year but wanted to try the add on features. Either way I can't get any of the skins to download. I am connected to the internet, can watch videos through my SMB share and the scrapers have updated everything.

Whenever I start a download on a skin it just sits at 0% (over night). Thoughts?
I'm having the same problems. I have an Acer Revo 1600. I don't think it's a hardware problem as I can SSH and FTP to the box and I've had no problems with past builds. Is there a setting we may be missing?

And, yes, I'm able to scrape video information and download all of that stuff. So I'm not sure what's going on as I'd really like to download Transmission, some skins and a few other add-ons
first thing first.

get us a debug log as the log tells all....

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log_File

-=Jason=-
I'm currently at work so I can't run it this second but I'll run a debug log in a couple of hours when I get back (unless the OP runs a log first). Thanks, flomaster. I've really been baffled by this.
Okay, here's the pastebin: http://pastebin.com/1i6fxNYX

In this session, I loaded up the box, went into TV Shows and downloaded a new fanart which went fine then I tried to download an add-on and it gets stuck at 0% and does nothing.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give!
I've tested out a few more things... Connection seems fine in all areas that I've tested (scraping, downloading fanart, FTP, SSH) but the add-ons is where the network connection seems to fail. The content of that debug file is above my level of knowledge so hopefully somebody can see something in there.
I know your problem is with downloading skins, but are you using the default skin at the moment?
Yeah, personally, I'm just using the Confluence skin at the moment. And, for me, it's not just skins but all Add-Ons. (In fact, the thing I'm most worried about is getting Transmission going at the moment so I can start downloading torrents again and such)
I have my Revo attached to a gigabit switch that runs back to my router, just to see what would happen I direct wired it to the router and bypassed the switch, I was able to download 2 skins but that was it. The machine is hanging up and getting stuck trying to update the library for HOURS when there is nothing new to be discovered. I think for now I am going back to the 9.11 build and going to leave the beta version to the people that know way more than I do.
Yeah, I might have to go back to an older installation as well because it's pointless to have this installed without being able to add the critical Add-Ons for my setup. I'm still holding out hope that somebody will see my pastebin (http://pastebin.com/1i6fxNYX) and know what the problem may be though... I don't know.
Is it possible for you to do a wireshark capture please? That should give us more details at the tcp level as to what may be going on.

Thanks.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
FYI, your issues aren't limited to addons. I see other libcurl errors for other network traffic such as trying to get the weather:

18:07:30 T:3000654704 M:751116288 ERROR: CFileCurl::CReadState::Open, didn't get any data from stream.
18:07:30 T:3000654704 M:751116288 DEBUG: FileCurl::Close(0xb2da40ec) http://xoap.weather.com/weather/local/US...145f208494

It really does look like you have some network issues.... A wireshark capture will be able to confirm.

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
I'm not familiar with wireshark but I'll give that a whirl when I get back home later and have access to the machine to run it.

In any previous version of Dharma, I've never been able to access the weather portion. I figured it was just a bug since I could always do any other network things before.

If it's network issues, I'm not sure what I should do since I can run nearly everything without problem and my other computers have no problem (and when Transmission is installed, I can download torrents at full speeds with no problem). I'm just confused... Oh well, I'll post the wireshark thing when I run it later but I assume you're right about it being network related and that's a whole other ball of wax that is beyond me.
Maybe you've accidentally set a proxy when you shouldn't have.

For the time being, I've just decided to go back to Dharma 2 out of confusion and frustration. With the exception of the weather, everything works there as normal. Not sure what the exact problem is but hopefully it doesn't continue you for me in future versions.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't Download skins Dharma 30