Text File Support for List View?
Question 
I'm not sure if this is possible (or if anyone even wants to bother with it; which is probably more likely), but I don't use the Media Library to access my media files. I think it's rather unnecessary since all I need are the episode numbers and titles. Something I can easily manage myself. Using NFOs is possible, but it's rather tedious if that's all I want. Not to mention, it still requires using the Library view and I dislike the design of it. So that method is out as well.

At the moment, I simply use the title as the filename like so: http://imgur.com/2dqeT.png

This works well enough, except in cases where titles have /, ?, :, and so on and so forth. What'd I'd prefer is to drop a text file with titles in the folder and have XBMC display those. It doesn't even have to do anything fancy, it could literally just list them in order.

I realize this isn't a major problem or anything, but I obsess over such things and it annoys me. So I figured it wouldn't hurt to throw it up here as a suggestion either way.

Thanks for your time.
There are plenty of different designs for the Library views across many different skins.
Hitcher Wrote:There are plenty of different designs for the Library views across many different skins.

And I'm well aware of that. Sadly, I don't like any of them nearly as much as the default theme. And, even then, they still require the use of NFO files.
Plus, library view also requires rescaning content and other such annoyances. File listings have none of those downsides. I realize it's a trade off, but it didn't hurt to throw the idea out there.
What is the default theme and surely it's also available in library mode?

Plus, Library mode doesn't require NFOs.
Hitcher Wrote:What is the default theme and surely it's also available in library mode?

Plus, Library mode doesn't require NFOs.

It's not the theme itself so much as I dislike the way library view displays information. Plus, it's a bit overkill when I don't want fanart, plots, years, genres, and all that other information I don't need. And it does require NFO files unless you use a scraper. (And, technically, even then you have to setup a scraper for it to scan the NFO files)

I realize what I'd like to see is a fringe case and not very practical for most people, which is why I don't actually expect the XBMC Devs to implement anything. Still, it serves a specific purpose for those that like the file list and want to use episode titles with reserved characters.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Text File Support for List View?0