How to set same source path for local and remote clients?
I've got two XBMC installations in the house, one is running in Win7 on the same computer that holds the content and the other is a remote Revo box running XBMC Live. I'd like to get them both using the same synchronized mysql library database.

Reading up on it, I found the problem I will have is that both installs have different paths to the sources. The Win7 box has a local drive and the Revo uses an SMB share across the network.

Is there a way to have the XBMC client on the Win7 machine map its local harddrive as a SMB share?
Have you looked here?
Code:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=80829
:o
Yes, just configure XBMC to use the SMB share on both PCs. A PC can use a share on it's own disk with no problems.

JR
I did look there and it did not work for me.

I went into the XBMC install on my htpc, which has all the content. I went to Add Source, selected "Add Network Location", set it to "SMB share", and then typed 10.0.1.2 in the address box, which is the local LAN ip of that same computer. End result, it couldn't find itself.

I'm probably missing something pretty stupid, but I can't for the life of me think of it.
Did you set the shared folder name to? or just the IP to your "server"? Probably, but just checking Wink

Can you access the shared folder by typing this in the File Explorer on the same machine where you have all the shares?

Code:
\\10.0.1.2\shared_folder_name
LOL. Of course not.

Thanks, I knew it was something stupid.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to set same source path for local and remote clients?0