Movie Thumb issue
publicENEMY Wrote:what version of xbmc are you using? camelot? dharma? most screen grab issues are because there are no cover exist for the movie on the scraper site(imdb or tmdb). if you have movie information on the movie folder, that also can cause scraper problem(wrong movie). delete/move txt/nfo/xml file on the folder. in order to make help the scraper find the proper movie, name the movie folder like this <movie name> <year>. eg Inception (2010). if you have trouble scraping/renaming folder, consider using third party tools for scraping. i recommend ember media manager. make sure the see the settings first and learn all the parameters for optimal results. update the scraper first by downloading scraper add on by rogue(theres a add on button on ember). use this to generate movie.nfo, fanart.jpg, folder.jpg. when finished scraping, make sure that all movie are correctly scraped(correct info, correct title, correct cover etc.) before importing to xbmc, remove movie database by deleting mymovie34.db(if i remember correctly). try with a folder with smaller number of movies to test your settings/scraping/rename etc. testing to scrape with huge number of folders could take days. its annoying when you find out that you have inccorect settings days later.

hope this helps.

im using a version i got last year, i dont know how to update it without losing my library!

Its all newish movies, there should be covers for them, where do i import these files your talking about to?

I really dont know where anything is or what to look for Sad

thanks
get latest version. dharma rc2. thats your problem.
publicENEMY Wrote:get latest version. dharma rc2. thats your problem.

thanks for that, i just didnt know what to save for keeping my videos etc but worked it out Wink
I just installed the version available on the site and I am have a dickens of a time trying to get this aspect to work.

Safe to say there is no cover flow but I have these odd screen caps too.

In addition, I have poster files in all of my movie folders, but I am sure they will not get picked up for use as the thumbnail right ? :confused2:
I found I can go into each one and add the thumb of my choice, but is this necessary to be done each time ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie Thumb issue0