[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC

Thread Rating:
  • 24 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
ldavet Offline
(2015-03-31 03:50)Angelscry Wrote:  Advanced Launcher as now reached maturity. It's actually a popular add-on used by a lot of users, and the last bug report has been posted 7 months ago. The only known bug, due to random listitem flush, that cause launchers.xml corruption is due to Kodi and have been reported to devellopers 2 years ago. The only support that I have given during last time was not related to Advanced Launcher but to skins (that do not display the right informations) or to applications (that users do not know how to use their command line). I'm not interested to give this kind of support.

Hey, that's pretty cool. I actually prefer using it to RCB, because more skins support it and it's more "general purpose", though my experience with RCB has helped me setup Advanced Launcher properly (i.e. to work with RetroArch). This thread has been very useful and I've found answers here for most of the hiccups I encountered.

I just hope further Kodi versions don't break its functionality, though.

Unfortunately GameFAQs seems to be blocking the IP of people who try to scrape it for content, so the scraper is no longer useful... It's a shame because TheGamesDB works fine except for fanart, they seem not to have a lot of fanart.
(This post was last modified: 2015-03-31 15:29 by ldavet.)
find quote
Angelscry Offline
Skilled Python Coder
As it is not really possible to give and follow a good support for this extension into the single forum thread of more than 430 pages and 6525 posts :

Support for Advanced Launcher is now provided here : http://gwenael.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6
(This post was last modified: 2015-04-02 03:59 by Angelscry.)
find quote
DravinSharde Offline
(2015-03-31 03:32)Angelscry Wrote:  
(2015-03-30 04:52)DravinSharde Wrote:  Hi, been using Advanced Launcher for quite a long time now and I'm rebuilding my games database after a major system crash that forced me to reformat the whole drive. Anyway, there was something I was wondering about. I noticed that in some views, there are fields that are just empty no matter what you do, such as the one below. I've tried using the <premiered> tag in the .nfo file but nothing shows up. Any idea why that might be? Thanks for your help, and great work!
The premiered value is not included into Advanced Launcher.

Thanks. Do you know how I might change PREMIERED: to a field that Advanced Launcher does use?
find quote
SSorcereRR Offline
Whenever i launch Kodi, i get an empty Help dialogue box. Is there a fix for this issue?
find quote
Budwyzer Offline
This isn't a feature request, so I'm coming here.

Has anyone been able to get AdvanceLauncher to launch a Steam game in streaming mode, rather than just try to download the game?
find quote
Cinder Offline
I've been trying to scrape Gamecube and PSX games with ArcadeHITS in advanced launcher, but all I get for game names are some french-looking gibberish.
Is the arcadeHITS scraper broken? I recall getting good results with the same scraper before, but I had to redo my library because of migration.

All game names are scraped as "Derniers jeux comment&amp;eacute;sLe Mur Arcade du Jour", anyone know why?
Seems that AllGame scrapes the above as game name too..
(This post was last modified: Today 12:19 by Cinder.)
find quote