XBMC Personal computer Client
XBMC is the best media manager I have found out there. Specially for movies!

The great thing for movies is that is will get all the info out of the internet if they are named correctly and organize the library acordingly.

Sadly, this cannot be done for music and specially for pictures.

I need my music playlists and ratings, the ones I create and edit on my mobile android/iphone phone, on my netbook and on my PC when I am working, chatting... whatever I am doing I am getting new songs, organizing them into new playlists and then going to my media center and... not having those new changes available Shocked

This gets even worse for pictures. I can't imagine anyone downloading new pictures from their camrea/phone to their pc/laptop, sharing it on the network, copying it t the media center PC, deleting it from the camera/laptop and then sitting in front of a 50' TV organizing pictures. No one has that much time.

The same way itunes works as a "music listening" app and then syncs your mobile phone, we should have an application to work as a "music listening" and "photo viewing/organizing" service and then sending the new changes to XBMC.

I realize what I am talking about sounds really hard to accomplish, but maybe we can use existing software to manage this?

-Songbird is a great mp3 player and it has no media center version (http://www.getsongbird.com).
-Moovida (the old Elisa media center) has seen the problem I described and has released a client app, but they don't have a working media center to work with it yet. (http://www.moovida.com)
-Picasa is the only working picture manager I found to work on PC, MAC and linux.

Why don't we work together with some of these groups? Wouldn't it be great if I could organize my pictures on my pc and then see the changes on XBMC?
How about being able to see each family member's playlists and ratings in XBMC as a separate view, and a merged view (giving out the average ratings of songs and pictures throughout the family)!

This can grow dynamically! If you see the family as a "group" you can create group hierarchy's and even add friends and closer relatives to new groups with new shared content and have the media center show the content that is the result of merging all that data, ratings, tags and lists.

It is a huge idea.. it can't be done easily, but I bet life that this is the future, and someone has to do it.
I like the idea, and its been discussed before. The problem as I see it is that we need a hands on method of managing our media in addition to the 10ft method which xbmc is designed around.

XWMM (and other windows programs) attempts to do this in terms of movies but I too would like to see it extended to music and pictures.

The way I would like it to work is to incorporate it into the default web interface by allowing to edit the movie database (which XWMM does), editing the music database and creating playlist etc.

I like the idea of being able to sync xbmc with songbird and desktop media programs but I don't like the idea of rellying on the management of xbmc's libraries from them. I'd prefer to have a xbmc client (the web interface) which has the ability (perhaps through 3rd party plugins) to sync with them or perhaps just options like manually adding playlists files generated with other software.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Personal computer Client0