Alt+Character->Shortcut to menu entries starting with that character
Hello,

I have a suggestion that I think might be very useful (at least for folks using a real keyboard anyway). I find myself having to navigate menus with many entries and thought that it would be nice to have a key binding to speed things up. For instance, Alt+P would take me directly to Phil Collins. Maybe pressing it again would cycle through all entries starting with P. What do y'all think?
The feature already exists but it's "Shift + <Character>" and if you're fast enough you can even type more than one character to better specify where you want to jump to.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
This is already a feature; but, instead of 'Alt' XBMC uses 'Shift'.

Edit: Montellese beat me to it. Laugh
Boy, do I feel dumb now... lol! Big Grin
But I'm glad it already exists... It doesn't work with numbers, does it? Usually in an album songs have names like:
01. Dancing Queen
02. Knowing you, knowing me
So there's no way to select the one you want directly, right?

I'm happy with the way it works now but it would be even better if:
1)It worked with numbers, or
2)If the specified key does not match the beginning of an entry, try matching the 2nd character, then the 3rd and so forth. In the previous example, Shift+K would select the second track.
Just an idea...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Alt+Character->Shortcut to menu entries starting with that character0