[LINUX] Latest Flash 10.2 beta supports Linux VDPAU
ion_man Wrote:I haven't tried it since I never come across a site that I'm interested in that requires moonlight, but AFAIK moonlight has been supporting VDPAU for a while already:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/03/26/...ht_nvidia/

The problem with Netflix is not lack of VDPAU support in moonlight but lack of DRM support in moonlight.

This is correct. Additionally, it sounds like DRM support in moonlight is a non-starter since MS won't cooperate.
Just curious, could this be seamlessly incorporated into an addon install, or even part of the live install, or are there issues there?
mr.sparkle Wrote:Just curious, could this be seamlessly incorporated into an addon install, or even part of the live install, or are there issues there?

I'm wondering the same... And along with that, how would VDPAU Flash support benefit us XBMC users? I only ask because I don't think any component of my XBMC live install requires flash. Huh Or, I guess in other words: What doors does this open?
Interest in Youtube and other streaming video integration into xbmc should pickup now that HD will run more smoothly. Hopefully the added interest results in increased development efforts. I remember trying the youtube addon a while back and it was really, really buggy.
Hmm, I just bought an ION system running Kubuntu 10.10 32-bit and Flash 10.2 is choppy as hell even with SD content. Any ideas?

I'd love to get this working with XBMC, but just trying to deal with Firefox first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] Latest Flash 10.2 beta supports Linux VDPAU0