[WINDOWS] Blu-ray Disc playback with External Player?
I'm using the following script to hand over playback of Blu-ray's to TMT;

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="TMTMCEPlayer" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 3\uMCEDVDPlayer.exe</filename>
<args>"G:"</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule name="Blu-Ray" protocols="bd" player="TMTMCEPlayer"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

The player starts but doesn't play the disk, any idea's on how to fix this?

Thanks,
Marty.
Open a command prompt and type the command:

"C:\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 3\uMCEDVDPlayer.exe" "G:"

and see what happens. The quotes round G: are probably unnecessary but won't be doing any harm.

JR
I did this and the disk started playing.... :confused2:
Hmm, then it should work in XBMC. You could try turning on debug logging on the off chance it might help.

If you just want to play whatever's in G: you could write a short script to do it. The advantage of the playercorefactory.xml is that the argument will be whatever media you've selected, but if you're always just playign from G: you don't need this.

JR
I thought I would chime in since I just dealt with this, I too couldn't get it to autoplay, it seems to try to autoplay then just stops for some reason, but autoplaying through external player alone (not through XBMC) it works no problem.

I ended up creating an EventGhost macro, that waits 2 seconds then sends the keystrokes {ctrl+shift+p} for play since this is the WMC integrated version and it works well.

I find it more annoying that TMT drops you out of Aero and causes the screen to flicker in the process, but it runs fine once it's going. Then you can also setup a script to close the player when done (execute taskkill.exe on uMCEDVDPlayer.exe from EVENTGHOST) and it drop you right back to XBMC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Blu-ray Disc playback with External Player?0